What do you do while you crochet?

Kaylana

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listen to my old records. Nothing is better than the oldies from the 50's & 60's to make crocheting even sweeter. The combination is to die for! This weekend we're seeing Neil Sedaka for the first time ever!!!! I'll take along my crocheting but won't do it during the actual concert.

Hubby is usually flicking back and forth between shows in the living room, it kind of grates on my nerves after a while so I tend to head out to the front porch if it is warm enough and just listen to the sounds of the neighborhood

i listen to the radio (speech, not music). certain times of day can be problematic, however...some of the presenters on the morning, lunch time and evening news programmes are more like attack dogs than interviewers. throwing crochet at the radio isn't healthy, so sometimes i turn off and crochet in silence. i don't have a tv, how sad is that?

I am up really early (between 5 & 5:30am) so after my Bible reading is over I turn on the morning news and pick up my crochet. Hubby usually listens for the TV to come on then comes out to the kitchen and has coffee with me while I crochet and watch the news. In the afternoon I will crochet to the sounds of the tv but not really watching it

Well, I pretty much only get to crochet while my youngest is napping or after both kids are in bed. During the former, I'm stuck "watching" whatever my oldest is watching on NickJr. During the latter I put the news on or sometimes Food Network. I have to give most of my attention to whatever I'm working on, so it doesn't really matter what's on the TV.

• 2 weeks later...

TV or movies, lol. I don't get much crochet time during the day as we just moved so I'm unpacking, cleaning, running errands, etc. But once my husband is home from work, my work day is over too! Once dinner is made and ate we ususally settle in on the couch for a movie or a favorite show and I'll crochet. Drives him crazy because the light has to be on, lol.

I am a Law & Order nut :lol I also like Without a Trace. These are some of favorite shows to watch while I am crocheting.

If I am not crocheting I like to read... You guessed it, any good myrder mystery :clap

I also watch Law and Order reruns off Netflix while I crochet. I've finished off all the available SVU episodes and am watching CI now. Sometimes I listen to my Ipod or "watch" a movie with my husband, but if I have to count a lot I like it quiet. Sometimes I crochet during the day while my daughter naps and my four year old has his tv/computer time. I prefer to crochet at night, especially when everyone else has gone to bed.

TV.

I really like to sit outside and crochet too. I sit out front and wait for my DH to come home from work. It is a good time to start a new project.

• 1 month later...

I like to watch movies or shows that I have already seen also, more so they are background noise that I can follow without losing count. But recently we got Netflix. I LOVE netflix instand watch. We have a computer hooked up to our TV and now I can watch just about anything. I usully watch TV shows that i don't normally catch on normal TV. Like Dexter or Weeds, caught up on my Grey's that I missed. (of course, if it isn't loaded yet on instand watch, i have to wait for it to come in the mail lol) Anywho, that is what i watch, currently I am on the last season of Buffy the vampire slayer haha, i didn't think it would be good, but it isn't half bad . . .

• 4 weeks later...

While crocheting, I like to watch a movie, sit outside in a chair on the porch, or listen to relaxation music. I do take a crocheting project with me at all times. During the college school year, I find it hard to make time, therefore, I crochet while waiting in a doctor's office, visiting with family, etc.

If I'm watching a movie while crocheting, I most enjoy seeing hand made items in the movie, such as a quilt, crocheted and knitted items. Gives me ideas for my own home. :)

My favorite thing to do is to pack up my project, some water, a nice lawn chair, and head to the beach. It's nice and peaceful, and I can just crochet away.

We only live about a mile or so away from the beach, so it's a perfect place to go. And I really enjoy going in the early evening, say 5 p.m. and staying until they close, which is dusk. It's just perfect.

:manyheart

Fight with the dog about who gets the most space on the chair, convince the cat not to sit on my pattern, watch NCIS reruns. In fact, reruns of anything I've watched so often I know the words. And some cooking shows. Although the cooking shows I don't need to look at are the ones that annoy me most (Sandra Lee, like that). And drink hot tea and spill it.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was on TV tonight; they're playing the others the next three days. I know I won't crochet while they're on, so I won't even try!:2magic:magic

I also like to listen to podcasts when I crochet, usually in the morning. I'll download something from NPR that looks interesting.

Fight with the dog about who gets the most space on the chair, convince the cat not to sit on my pattern, watch NCIS reruns. In fact, reruns of anything I've watched so often I know the words. And some cooking shows. Although the cooking shows I don't need to look at are the ones that annoy me most (Sandra Lee, like that). And drink hot tea and spill it.

:lol:lol I live on NCIS reruns. I have season 2, 4, and 5 and just watch them over and over and over. LOL. That is my crochet/relaxing time.

I usually listen to music. I find I'm a lot more concentrated when listening to classical (which I happen to LOVE). So I'll just sit in my room listening to Rachmaninoff or whoever while crocheting.

I think I would be to anxious about missing something important if I watched TV while crocheting. But I guess I wouldn't have that problem if I watched something like Food Network or HGTV..

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

the tv is always on in my living room...DH has ADHD and needs to multi task...channel surf...while on his computer. So i usually watch whaterver he puts on. Though when i have choice I like to put history channel or History channel international, unless the redsox Bruins or patriots are playing then it is sports while crochet

Archived