What do you do while you crochet?

Kaylana

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to crochet while I am listening to talk shows like Dr. Phil, or Oprah. I also take my crocheting to work as a substitute teacher. It is a good time to work on my charity granny squares because I will have time at lunch or conference time with not much to do. I get a lot done that way!! I also crochet in the car. When we visit our daughter at college 2 1/2 hours away, I can really crochet a lot to and from!!! And, of course, while I am waiting at the doctor's office.. :manyheart

Mostly, while I'm watching TV.......but I've been known to crochet/knit in between my turns on my Tuesday night bowling league, waiting in line at the pharmacy or drive thru.......the carhops at Sonic are VERY interested in what I have on my needles and hooks!!!

I like to crochet while I'm watching TV, but sometimes I find that I either get very little crocheting done because I'm paying too much attention to the TV, or miss everything on my show because I'm too engrossed in my crocheting. So it works best if I'm watching something that I don't have to pay too close of attention to - like Food Network or reruns of CSI episodes I've already seen before.

I should start listening to music while I crochet. We don't have a CD player in the den anymore (that's where I crochet) but we have digital music channels on our cable.

I ususally have something to drink while I'm crocheting, but never something to eat. I'm just too messy an eater :D

I had a greeat aunt who would read while she crocheted, like a few people have said...I don't think I could swing that!

If DH is home, the TV's on and I'm watching whatever he's watching.

If' I'm home alone, it's probably the Animal Planet or Dsicovery, or I'll pop a good movie in, like The Phliadelphia Story or City of Angels, something *I* like!

I like to crochet in the bathroom if I have a new pattern and I can't figure it out (no distractions in there) :rofl

I also like to crochet with the tv on or when Iam on the computer, while Iam at work, or in the car waiting for a train I'll crochet just about anywhere except I won't in church that is just not right :no I usually have a glass of ice water with me at all times to so If I spill it is only water and it won't stain any thing I happen to be working on.

I stay home all day with 3 teenagers, homeschooling them. I live for the times they are at their activities, and I'm waiting for them in the van with my latest project, alone. In the quiet. So basically, I wait while I crochet. :crocheting Plus I'm kind of new at this, so I do better with no distractions.

Beth in Virginia

I ususally have something to drink while I'm crocheting, but never something to eat. I'm just too messy an eater !

Depending on what you are eating on,,,,,salads, cookies:cchip, candy bars, popcorn:popcorn... just about any of those you can use a cottail :fork fork, or a toothpick:yes. or even your regular :forkfork. Ice cream, puddings in :spoon bowls.

I'm a muncher big time.

cookies can be broken up, brownies can be cut:knife up small bite sizes, cake can be :knifecut up bite sizes, salads are great.

I don't know about you but I love my chocolate! I cut up candy bars....I know thats silly but if I cut them up my fingers won't get chocolate on them:D while I am crocheting:crocheting and my crochet hooks:hook and

yarns :yarn thread stays clean.

I crochet and watch tv and watch the sunday NFL games with my husband,,then there is music I love to crochet and listen to music. I don't have a set schedule to crochet, just whenever I get the free time.

sunnywolfgar

I am almost always watching TV or the hubby play a game while I crochet and knit. Gilmore girls is my favorite to watch while I do it.

I crochet while watching tv but if it is Grey's or another show that I REALLY like a lot, I stop crocheting to watch. Reason I do that is because usually my attention is on not missing stitches lol...but if a fav show is on...I don't want to miss anything with either crochet or the show. My mind is mainly on crochet when I am crocheting. I would rather crochet watching reruns that I've seen before. As far as eating & drinking...I do drink coffee or tea with crochet but I don't usually snack while crocheting...except during breaks. I stop take a break & snack on something.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to listen to anything...T.V., music, etc. I don't really watch it other than to take a quick glance at what's going on on TV which gives me a little vision rest from staring at my work in progress.

• 2 weeks later...
I watch my tv shows - like Grey's or Dexter. I find that my crochet works a lot faster while I am watching the tv :)

I've tried to crochet while watching Dexter and I can't do it.

I must watch Michael C Hall.

But otherwise, I crochet with anything on in the background.

If I'm in the living room, I'm crocheting and watching TV. If I'm in my craft/computer room, I"m on line (dial up, SLOW) and watching TV (only 4 channels, no cable) and crocheting. If I have a complicated pattern I have to shut everything down and pay close attention or maybe wait for a commercial.

I crochet when watching TV, a movie, or riding in the car. If it is a show or movie I'm really interested in, I'll stop, but I like the background noise otherwise.

Archived