What do you do while you crochet?

Kaylana

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mostly watch TV, but I have learned to crochet while nursing a baby, too :)

sometimes in the middle of the night, if I can't get back to sleep, I sit up in bed and crochet until I get sleepy and just think or pray as I go

I spend my time crocheting trying to keep my dog from sitting on the yarn (he jumps up and down from the floor to my lap) and my cat from biting the yarn off. Last night, I was trying a difficult (for me )pattern; and it was so frustrating between the two fur babies and my hubby reading out loud "interesting" things from the newspaper. LOL. :blush

that is soo funny, cause last night I was thinking how hard it was to crochet with cat slobber on the yarn...ha ha

one of my kitties decided it was time to play, and i was trying to crochet, she was grabbing the yarn with her paws and chewing on it

I usually have music on no matter what I'm doing, though after a little while I don't even notice what's playing. I'll either crochet to that or in silence. It doesn't really matter for me since I tend to zone out. Crocheting is almost like meditating or something for me. I think it has to do with the repetitive motion and the counting. Whatever the reason, it sure is relaxing!

• 1 year later...

If it is really nice outside, I'll sit on the porch bench with a cold glass of iced tea and crochet while watching the birds and squirrels (we live in the woods). If the weather is bad, I crochet while watching television either shows or movies.

I like crochet while watching t.v. also. Sometimes I put in a movie that I have seen before and crochet the night away. The last movie I watched and crochet to was Bandits with Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thorton. So I guess that's what I'm going to do now. Hmmmm, What do I want to watch tonight? :hook I have not seen The Italian Job in a while. :D

I listen to audio books or audio dramas.... some times I crochet when I"m on the phone. A lot of the time its when my mum reads the classics to us out loud in the evening... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I like to 'watch' TV(or a movie)while crocheting, althouhg it's more like listening to the Tv, but it's all good ^_^

I know! I tape shows to watch on the weekend, so I watch them twice. Once while crocheting, and then once on the weekend, where I always catch all the stuff I missed the first time! :lol

• 1 year later...

I crochet while watching/listening to the tv, listening to the radio, or (my favorite way) is to listen to old time radio programs on the internet. If I get up before my husband that is my favorite way to spend my early morning hours is listening to old time radio programs (especially the detective/crime ones), drinking coffee, and crocheting. "Nothing could be finer . . . ."

(my favorite way) is to listen to old time radio programs on the internet.

Where do you find these? That sounds right up my alley.

Oh, I watch "Little House on the Prairie" I finally bought the boxed set. :)

TV. as its on anyway beacuse The kids and hubby are watching it..

sometimes i'll crochet at my Computer while browsing for patterns or talking to someone on IM

and i also crochet when were on long car trips.. and i do not need to play Human map.

lik ewhen hubby and i drive to the work office to stock up on ice cream.. I'll just sit in the pasanger seat and crochet the hour drive.

and in nice weather I'll crochet while fishing. I'll keep wet wipes on me.. baite my hooks toss it in.. and then wash my hands pick up my work.. I find its "while distracted" i get bietes lol.. so I either will work up squares or Read a book so the fish think Im giving them a meal and get the bites lol

I do most of my crochet at work sitting in the drivers lounge on my down time,

so generally I'm listening to the room chit chat and also conversing with my

other "yarn" friends. On occassion I crochet at home but its always in front of

the computer cause that way the dogs don't try to get under it. If I sit in the

chair in front of the tv, the dogs try to get in my lap under my work. When I

had dial up I could get ALOT of crocheting done while waiting for a page to open. I find if I am trying to watch a favorite show while crocheting I miss alot

of important stuff so I don't get the yarn out until its commercial time.

I usually watch TV or pop in a movie--although I try not to start any new shows/movies while I'm crocheting because usually I get sidetracked and my project just sits on my lap for 2 hours! My favorite movie to watch while crocheting is Pride and Prejudice (the newer version with Keira Knightley) and I don't really have a preference for TV programming...news, Food Network, etc.

Archived