What do you do while you crochet?

Kaylana

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really "watch" tv while I crochet, but i do listen. I will put on my favorite show and just listen to it...

Almost like the old days when shows used to be on the radio... hahahaha

If I'm at home alone I just find some show that doesn't annoy me unless it's thursday at 9 then it's CSI... usually I'll end up watching reruns on spike. If the bf is home it's what ever he wants to watch usually the discovery channel or the history channel or comedy central.

On nights when I have class (twice a week) I crochet on the train ride from the philly burbs into center city and back while talking to my bff,

Tuesday is my crochet night with the girls so it's gossip wine and cheese.

I think that pretty much covers every day of the week, just can't help my self! :hook

I rarely watch TV. I carry something with me to work on all the time, so while I'm waiting on my kids while they are in church class or at a practice - I crochet then.

I know it sounds weird, but I also crochet while I'm on really long conference calls for work. It keeps my hands busy so I don't have as much temptation to go through and check other emails or work on other projects so I actually am paying more attention to the speaker.

Lately I've been having my kids read to me. Great practice for them and I really enjoy it.

For me it's either chatting with the kids or husband, listening to audio books, music or watching/listening to TV (I save my most mindless projects for that). I also love sitting on the couch in the (very rare!) quiet and just crocheting, looking out once in awhile at the pretty gingko trees outside my window.

• 2 weeks later...

for me it depends on what I am working on and if I am on a deadline. I will watch tv if there is something I want to watch on and also if it is something I can listen to but not actually watch. For example, I can listen to American Justice, or Biography...occasionally looking up at the television. But if I am on a deadline, I like to put on my headphones and tune everything else out, I find that I can move much faster listening to upbeat music. I will also put on my headphones when hubby is watching fishing or horror movies (his favorite kind). I usually have whatever I am working on in my lap when I am here also, right now I have the beginning of a baby blanket for my niece, her baby is due Feb 29, so not really rushing it. It is a fairly simple pattern so not much concentration, I can stitch while browsing new posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually when I crochet the tv is on and I just find soemthing to listen mainly for the background noise because I am not really a tv watcher unless it is grey's anatomy, american idol, or ER. I generally find something that I can listen to without really watching but even then I really don't pay attention to it. Sometimes I sit on the couch and crochet while the boys play the xbox or watch a movie. I generally don't like the same kinds of movies they do so at least I can spend time with them while they watch their movies and I can crochet without really paying attention to the movie. Sometimes I surf the internet while crocheting or I study while crocheting. I have found that I can remember things for my test if I crochet while studying :lol "Oh I remember that definition cause i had to take out two rows of my crochet cause I missed a stitch :eek or that was what I was studying when I had to change from pink yarn to yellow yarn" :lol

I'm crocheting right now... hehehee... while I read posts! Making a baby blanket for a friend due in March.

I crochet while I wait for my boys to get out of school.

I crochet while hubby is driving.

Always have the radio going... I'm not a tv watcher.

I pretty much crochet or knit in any spare minute I have.

::Tam:::mug

:turtleTrust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Prov. 3:5 & 6

I spend my time crocheting trying to keep my dog from sitting on the yarn (he jumps up and down from the floor to my lap) and my cat from biting the yarn off. Last night, I was trying a difficult (for me )pattern; and it was so frustrating between the two fur babies and my hubby reading out loud "interesting" things from the newspaper. LOL. :blush

What do I do while I crochet? Work. :lol But it's true! I can't ever seem to get crochet done at home. I am too distracted by all the things I haven't been able to do all day while at work! Things around the house, with/for my pets, or on the computer, including games and web and email. So I crochet at work. When there's no work coming in of course!

Archived