WNTC does it again...

I cannot believe this one was actually made by someone who knows how to crochet. They should be required to appear at the Crochet Re-Education Centre tomorrow morning and surrender all hooks.

http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com/2007/11/22/happy-sexy-turkey-hat-day/

Caution to moms as WNTC is not kid friendly

I've seen the designer's items on Etsy. She definitely has a wild sense of style, and actually has sold some of those turkey hat patterns! Not exactly my cup of tea, but very wacky and creative. She sells a similar pattern for a tea cozy.

You can check out her patterns here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5230341

Sally

I cannot believe this one was actually made by someone who knows how to crochet. They should be required to appear at the Crochet Re-Education Centre tomorrow morning and surrender all hooks.

Why?

It reminds me of a lot of Ladylinoleum and her site Monster Crochet.

Neither are overly my taste however I know others like things like that. It makes life fun. ;)

Why?

It reminds me of a lot of Ladylinoleum and her site Monster Crochet.

Neither are overly my taste however I know others like things like that. It makes life fun. ;)

Lady Linoleum made a turkey purse (think it's a purse) that she calls "Turkeyzilla". I like the turkey purse much better than a turkey hat.

my word.. can't u see someone going out wearing the turkey hat and carrying the Turkeyzilla?

I look at the hat and think.. finally, an appropriate use for funfur.

LL's Turkeyzilla is on my list of wanna makes.

And now she has some outrageous crocheted slippers and clogs on as well. Not by the same designer as the turkey hat.

All I can say is ... Darski, you sure can find um. OMG, I wouldn't be caught DEAD in it. Imagine the TIME spent on this ... this ... item. Wait until I show my sister. We'll be fighting over who guesses if it's a male or female. OMG.

All I can say is ... Darski, you sure can find um. OMG, I wouldn't be caught DEAD in it. Imagine the TIME spent on this ... this ... item. Wait until I show my sister. We'll be fighting over who guesses if it's a male or female. OMG.

That hat is definitely a "winner". :lol

I have to make a comment, however, about some of the other items they raked over the coals on the What Not To Crochet site. OK, I will be the first to admit that I'm not the first one that the editors of Vogue turn to for fashion advice, but so many of the things they trashed on that site, I thought were really quite nice! Yes, some of them were really out there, but some were rather nice, or at least I thought so.

Elle

Archived