Wedding Afghan #2

Suebee42

Finally got out and got a picture taken of this one... "my rock" was all shaded, so I layed it out on the grass... you need it flat to see the pattern anyway.

So, behold, my first attempt at filet crochet!

afghan3.jpg

Now on to the baby blanket... it never ends!

Color: Lavender :D

How long: uh... off and on for a month or so? I always lose track.

This one actually worked up pretty fast. The pattern called for cotton, and I used worsted (Caron Pounders... took me 3 full skeins and part of a 4th). It also called for a G hook... but I used an H, which made it longer. I also added another section to it to make it a little wider. What can I say... I like my afghans BIG!

If you want to learn filet, this is a great pattern to get a feel for how it works up... since it's a repeating pattern, you don't really need to reference the chart after you do the first two sections. Once I had the idea, I could just go with it, because you can tell what you're supposed to do just by looking at the previous row or two.

Of course... if you screw up... you don't notice until you get to the same spot on the NEXT row... so... I did some frogging here and there along the way. LOL!

I got the pattern out of Afghans for All Seasons... there's no number on the book, like "book five" or "book eleven," so I assume it's the first one Leisure Arts ever put out. The pattern is called "Victorian Throw," and it's on page 10. The photo shows it done in cream, and it's gorgeous. At times, as I was working, I wish I had done it in cream... LOL! But I like the lavender. :)

Archived