Seraphina in Homespun

bnhall

That is VERY lovely, I have NOT been able to MASTER that darned Seraphina, but I did make me a shawl out of homespun, and it is fabulous, the bestest, warm, cosy, everything you would like about a shawl in the midwest!

GREAT JOB! I admire your tenacity for getting that pattern down!

I've read that a lot of you hate Homespun. What's wrong with it? Of course we don't have it here. I've made two Seraphinas and I had such a job getting that pattern into my thick head!

June

I followed the pictures instead of the written pattern until I got the hang of it. I had started one previously, but messed it all up so it's never going to get finished. The homespun was a bit of a pain to work with at first, but it's so soft and cozy that I like it.

It's gorgeous!!! A Serphina shawl made out of Homespun yarn is the ultimate

in luxury to me. You did a wonderful job on it and the colour is very pretty!

I bought 4 skeins in that colour to make a shawl for my sister's MIL. Now

now I see what the colour will look like. Beautiful!!!

If you can make something like that out of Homespun, more power to you! I have knitted/crocheted many years and used every kind of yarn you can imagine. Other than some fuzzy mohairs, Homespun is the most frustrating yarn I have ever worked with.

But you did make a pretty shawl with it and I'm sure it is very soft and cozy.

Wonderful job!!! I LOVE the way Homespun feels but I do know that others have had trouble with it splitting and such...

But it does create such a cuddly soft shawl or wearable!:clap :clap :clap:c9

Archived