Crochet Embellishments on Paper

hhensler

Very pretty!!!!! My neighbor gave me some christmas tags that her mother made and they were made with old christmas cards and then she crocheted around like you did. She wanted me to copy them, but I haven't had a chance to. But that is such a good idea.

Carol:hook

Those are beautiful! Don't let them get thrown away...

Within my immediate family (dh and 4 kids), I save gift tags to reuse year after year (nice, homemade ones). Not only does it save money, it makes wrapping those gifts on Christmas Eve(!) that much quicker. :yes:)

I got a sewing machine this past year, and also made some cloth gift bags, using ribbon for drawstrings. Then my wrapping was REALLY easy...but the kids don't like it as well. They want to hear paper ripping, following by walking ankle-deep through a mess on Christmas morning.

But I am resolute. I'm making more bags this year, and someday they'll think it was a really neat family tradition. If I can find some pretty, thick paper like that, I may just make some gift tags, too. Yours are so very, very pretty.

You'd have no trouble selling them, I bet--and you could use white thread with a bit of gold or silver in it for wedding gifts.

Heather these are wonderful ! I'd never have thought of that. What a lovely personalised gift tag. I might have a go myself for Christmas if I get any time. How'd you make the paper ?

Sharon x

Oh my goodness, I think they are wonderful. What is homemade paper?

This is actually making the paper yourself :yes it s so fun and it can have some great results and effects :) you can see about it here

http://www.papermaking.net/basicsteps.htm

I agree these would sell in no time :cheer I know from personal experience :yes (I did it in the past :) )

Archived