It"s Here!!!!

Holey Cow!!! Its International Crochet Day already!! And good crochetiers all over the world are celebrating, by taking their hooks public, teaching others to crochet, doing kind acts for charity. Sending greetings to others (thanks for the cards!!)

Its just AMAZING how this is taking off!!!

Happy International Crochet Day!!

Happy International Crochet Day!

Well I am going to do my part by sending out a RAOK to someone here on the board. I am also starting a new project today, my first wearable besides scarfs. I am going to make my little girl a poncho.

Whats everyone else doing today?

:hook :hook Happy International Crochet Day:hook :hook

I am going to spend most of the day crocheting. I got a great gift today from one of our GREAT Designers!!!! Thank You so Much Katchkan (Kathy):hug :hug . So I am very happy that I am a member of this group :cheer and also that I have such Great friends:c9

Crochet Away!!!:yarn:yes:yarn:yes

Happy International Crochet Day!:clap :clap

I've brought my project to work with me today to work on. My boss (also my brother) isn't too thrilled, but he'll get over it. I'm making a quilt'ghan and I have to make over 200 little 2-row grannies, so I really appreciate having this day to work on it!

Thanks Jimbo for inspiring us all! :hug

Well! Happy International Crochet Day to All!:hook......I have been traveling a lot for the summer so I have not been able to visit Crochetville as much as I would have liked. I am sooo happy that I showed up today, because I did not even know it WAS International Crochet Day! What a pleasure to be surprised like this:D .....I am going to poke around here a bit, and then it is off to my hooks and yarn for some serious crocheting! I think I will begin a Spiderman Round Ripple for my son. Have fun everyone:yay !

Happy International Crochet Day! And Thank YOU Jimbo, for making this an official holiday. I'm going to work on several projects, for myself as well as for others so we can all share the love. Yes, love. I put it into everything I make. If we all LOVED one another, what a wonderful peaceful world we'd live in.

I am not sure I have ever heard of this over here :think

I would like to participate from England GB to wish everyone a happy

International Crochet Day.

To celebrate I will start another round ripple which I have tried 3 times now without luck :blush Maybe today I will get lucky :cheer

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL CROCHET DAY!

Amy and donna i think you should take the "icd" poem that jimbo started and others have contributed and put it somewhere on the board to keep forever and always!

today i am working on a tote and my horse blanket. that i have about a week and a half to finish:eek wish me luck!

Now isn't this just incredible! It truly is happening!!

I've announced the winner of the very first International Crochet Day Jimbo Hook in my blog. Go check it out. I linked the winner's blog there. You should go see what she's done to promote the day.

And there's lots of other folks who have announced the day in their blogs. organized crochet displays and crochet lessons, put up notices all around, sent crochet gifts to charities, and have done and are doing lots more to promote the art.

WAHOOOOO!!!! What a DAY!!!

I'm doing my part! My little group of three met at Barnes & Noble. We have three items to donate to the children's hospital here. A hat, a naked sheep(thanks ebers), and a blanket. After I pick up my son from school we will be donating these and other toys. I put cards with them to promote our group. On the back of the cards it says I honor of: International Crochet Day. Here's a pic: International Crochet Day donations

In this pic a lady was trying to finnish up her blanket! ICD ~ donations

I am not sure I have ever heard of this over here :think

I would like to participate from England GB to wish everyone a happy

International Crochet Day.

To celebrate I will start another round ripple which I have tried 3 times now without luck :blush Maybe today I will get lucky :cheer

Fluffy, you're helping in a great way to put the "International" in Crochet Day!!

Didn't start the day realizing it was ICD, but it has been appropriate! I gave a co-worker a dozen crocheted dishcloths as part of her wedding shower gift (she LOVED them, as did all the other guests) and am getting ready to take my newest Sweet Pea shawl up to the kids school to donate for the fundraising auction! :cheer

Happy International Crochet Day!

Archived