OMG I have a lot of hooks

I just counted out all my crochet hooks I have 98

5 are double ended with cables

5 are double ended

5 are afghan

8 Bamboo

4 red heart crystalites large (l, m, n, p)

4 plastic

13 Susan Bates Steel

26 Boye Steel

8 Susan Bated Aluminum

20 Boye Aluminum

:eek I never noticed how many I have :eek

I have about 150.

Most are Susan Bates.

One is a Brittany

One is homemade, and a serious antique. (pretty sure my great-grandfather made it for my great-grandmother)

I have 5 other hooks that I dont consider part of my working collection. I consider them retired hooks. They belonged to my paternal grandmother. 3 very small hooks for thread crochet, one Boye hook, and one hook that might be a Susan Bates, but it's been used so much that the name wore off

WOW!! 98 & 150. I'm impressed :D

And I thought my collection of 60 was big :lol:lol

Most of mine are Boye. I will be adding to my collection when I get a set of thread hooks. I only have 2 right now, but I want to do more thread work, so I need more hooks.

For some reason I have more size "I" hooks than any other (it's my favorite size)...after that it's "K" and "J" hooks.

I learned how to knit a year ago. I think I have about 12 pairs of knitting needles...most of them size 8's. (think that's the same size as "I" in crochet) and almost all of my knitting needles are circulars...I think I have 4 pairs of straights, and two sets of dpn's.

I think I just like to collect crochet and knitting accessories.

I wish I could afford to buy the fancy ones that people sell on eBay.

I just counted what was in my drawer and in my glass container. Counting my regular alluminum hooks, steel thread hooks, double ended hooks, afghan hooks, wooden hooks and antique hooks I have 220, plus I probably have a few more stuck in various projects. I think I am a bit overboard on the hooks, but there are at least 50 of them that were my great aunts, and she can't crochet any more.

I just counted what was in my drawer and in my glass container. Counting my regular alluminum hooks, steel thread hooks, double ended hooks, afghan hooks, wooden hooks and antique hooks I have 220, plus I probably have a few more stuck in various projects. I think I am a bit overboard on the hooks, but there are at least 50 of them that were my great aunts, and she can't crochet any more.

:eek I though 98 was bad :eek But then again I did just bid a set of (I think) 8 bamboo hooks off ebay. I have a bad I travle with that I keep one set in and now that I have a craft room I want a set for there too.

I just counted out all my crochet hooks I have 98

5 are double ended with cables

5 are double ended

5 are afghan

8 Bamboo

4 red heart crystalites large (l, m, n, p)

4 plastic

13 Susan Bates Steel

26 Boye Steel

8 Susan Bated Aluminum

20 Boye Aluminum

:eek I never noticed how many I have :eek

Where did you get your double ended and the double ended with cables? I can't find any anywhere. I am trying to learn to crochet with those and I have one double ended hook but would love to have more.

I never counted, but I don't think I have that many. I usually have them with WIPs so I doubt I'll ever know:blush . When I e-mailed walmart to keep their yarn and hooks (don't think it mattered) I mentioned I buy a hook often (at their prices it's pretty reasonable to do so). I did that when I was working on an squares afghan, used a G hook and I know I bought 1 book and maybe 2 G hooks to keep with the ongoing project. I also have a few I found at a thrift store (for 99 cents) that have the original price on it, engraved by the hook size, some say 35 cents, some say 40 cents... I use those, they're not of sentimental value and still in great condition.

Debbi

dang! I thought I had a lot!

Where did you get your double ended and the double ended with cables? I can't find any anywhere. I am trying to learn to crochet with those and I have one double ended hook but would love to have more.

I bought them off the internet. I can try to find the sight later for you

:eek :eek :eek;) ;) ;)

I know the feeling! I just had to sort thru a bunch of mine and let my girlfriend and her 2 crocheting daughters have at the extras and doubles I could part with - it was just toooo many!

I feel like I scaled down a bit but I still know I have quite the needle and hook stash!:D

I have the 1st hook I owned from my grandmother, a set (B - K) that my mom gave me when I was 10 (11?), 2 sets athat were prizes in crochet contests (never used), My great grandmother's doily hooks (2 bone , 1 ivory) , and an assortment I've colected over the years. I never counted but it might 05-75. I donated a couple dozen recently.

Ellie 13

Archived