Serious thread crocheter...

Krakovianka

I went (for the first time) to a gathering of needleworkers here in Krakow. It was mostly a show-and-tell time, with a wide variety of stuff--patchwork, cross-stitch, knitting, embroidery, tatting, AND crochet.

I enjoyed visiting with the lady who made this:

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/38530087498373c4.html

She had this lacy jacket there to show, but what really amazed ME was that it was made with 2 strands of heavy-duty sewing thread held together. It might have been embroidery thread--it had a nice sheen--and she had used a larger steel hook--maybe something like a 6 or 7-- so that the stitches had a lot of drape to them. It was *very* nice.

She makes all kinds of things, and her work is beautiful!

I thought my fellow threadies would enjoy a peek at a project like this...which, I admit, is a bit beyond my scope.

She did share how to make such a jacket out of any motif in any size, though--just a basic plan. You start by making and joining the motifs in a line until the jacket is as wide at the bottom as you want it to be, then you work up from there.

Very pretty! I would not have the patience to make something that big with thread! Doilies seriously try my patience these days!

How wonderful that you got to see her work in person!

GORGEOUS!! I would love to be able to make something like that. As long as I have crocheted, I have never been able to just sit down and start in on something without a pattern. I wish I had that talent.

Blondie

What an awesome, inspirational picture! It makes me think the only thing that limits us in thread crochet is our imaginations and willingness to take on what might seem like an impossible project.

~ Lori

There's not much on the page worth translating. It's like a flicker or photo-bucket page, and the only content that is hers is short names for some pictures, with names like "brown jacket." A lot of the stuff is ads and generic links that you'd ignore even if you could read them. :)

Thanks for thinking of us. I enjoyed that a lot. The jacket is does make you wonder just what you could create...

Fabulous thread jacket - looks super kewl on her w/her bright yellow flip flops, way to go girl! Fantastic job making this item! Thanks bunches for sharing this with us =) =) - wish there was a gathering of needleworkers around here, sounds like a super fun time!

Archived