I finished it already! - Star Afghan

sem464

Well, I told y'all that I had started a snuggle in the little star afghan pattern. I just finished it. I wanted to post this for 2 reasons. Not only did I want you to see the snuggle, I also wanted you to see this pattern that I think would be great for the Blanket Brigade (sp?). Here is the link to the pattern:

Star Afghan Pattern

I used a J hook instead and found that if you did the whole 15 rows, it would measure approx. 26". That puts it almost the size wanted for the blankets. Just add a row or 2. This pattern works up very fast.

480x360_starsnuggle2.jpg

That is just too cute! I love the color combinations you chose. What a great snuggly! Great job! :clap

That's beautiful, I tried that pattern and got stuck, so I found another sunburst pattern and am working that up for an afghan for my brother's birthday. It's coming out rather pretty I think. Your snuggly is adorable, i may have to try that pattern again.

Rori

Hey Rori, try it again. I found a few quirks in the beginning so I changed them. It says to chain 7 and then do some stuff I could not get to work out, so I chained 4 & joined w/slip stitch. Then, it says to dc in the 2 ch sp, but it had told you to chain 3 on the row before. I just crocheted in the sp & didn't worry about how many chains it had. The rest was a breeze.

That's awesome Shari,

I definetly will have to try it again. Thanx for the tips. maybe my next afghan i'll use this pattern, thinking about making a red white and blue one for my Mother in Law.

XOXO

rori

Then, it says to dc in the 2 ch sp, but it had told you to chain 3 on the row before. I just crocheted in the sp & didn't worry about how many chains it had. The rest was a breeze.

I did about three little dishcloths with this pattern and never noticed this little slip up until I started the baby blanket in this pattern yesterday. I did the same thing - just crocheted into the space and went on.

I'm using a pretty pastel verigated with solid matching stripes every so often. I'm about a skein into it now, and you're right - it works up fast! I bought 8 50g skeins altogether and I think thats about 4-5 to many! :)

Cute! Love those colors!

I think I ended up using 4 of those balls we bought that day for the one I made Anna so I'd say you have enough to make either two baby blankets, or you could just keep goin' and make it bigger lol. I stuck with the h hook the pattern called for, but just kept going till it measured around 36" or so.

Very Cute!

I started this pattern lastnight in red/white/blue variegated and will alternate with solid blue and solid red. You are right it works up FAST!

Great job on yours.

I'm making one up in some yarn I have that I'm not using for anything else. I did the center a bit different so there wouldn't be a hole and it's looking really good.

:frog

Archived