I finished it already! - Star Afghan

sem464

I'm making one up in some yarn I have that I'm not using for anything else. I did the center a bit different so there wouldn't be a hole and it's looking really good.

:frog

I just started on one yesterday and I really hate that hole in the middle...Can you say what you did to not have a hole? :)

That came out really good, love the colors! :clap

I just started one in a variegated baby yarn. I had a hard time getting it started, but after reading the tips here it all came together, I am on row 6 now and it is starting to look really cute =) It is working up really fast too. I agree it would make a nice charity pattern.

I just started on one yesterday and I really hate that hole in the middle...Can you say what you did to not have a hole? :)

I have had troubles with this pattern myself and am glad someone figured out it was with the pattern and not me! :lol In any case, I hate holes also so I'm thinking of trying this pattern with The Magic Adjustable Ring from the Crochet Me site that she uses on her bath pouf. Don't see why it wouldn't work. :think

• 3 months later...

Today, I made this Star pattern in Rainbow colours. I did the centre 4 rows in red, them did one row of each colour though orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. I then repeated one row of each colour.

It is still only cushion sized so I will repeat each colour again.

It reminds me of a beautiful silk crocheted star shaped dressing table cover my Grandmother:grandma made, possibly about 100yrs ago. I still have it, stored away somewhere.

I have not made it for anyone in particular, but my mum will probably like the brightness of it. She can have it over the back of her chair to brighten her room at the Resthome.

The method of starting using a ring of yarn can also be done by winding the yarn around your fingers about 3 tiimes and crocheting over that.

Have fun.

Colleen

:ghug

Archived