Pineapples in Bloom doily

MimiFL

Hot off the press - I just finished this one last night. I call it Pineapples in Bloom because of the little "leaves" at the bottom of the pineapple "blooms". This one's got everything I like in it: pinwheel center and pineapples around. It was a fun pattern. 32 rounds, 20" across. America's Best #10 thread, 1.5mm hook. Hope you like it. :)

(add'l pics will be added to my website soon).

cv_pineapples_bloom.jpg

cv_pineapples_bloom_slant.jpg

cv_pineapples_bloom_detail.jpg

cv_pineapples_bloom_display2.jpg

I found the pattern in a French magazine called Diana. I'll look up the issue number, but I don't know where (and if) you can find back issues. In any case, this is the current issue. All the patterns in there are graphical. :)

That is a beautiful piece of work! You did an outstanding job, and it looks lovely in the photos.

I looked at the current issue of Diana on the French website, and thought this was funny--the same issue (same cover, at least) was published in Poland under the Sabrina label. I probably have a copy lying around somewhere, but can't just lay my hands on it. It's more expensive than my Polish version, too. Nearly 3 Euros would be about 10 Polish zloty, but they only cost about 5 zloty on the newstand here. They may be published on cheaper paper or something, though.

what a stunning doily! the pineapples do look like a flower bud

Archived