Happy Easter Chickie

Deb

I saw something like this at a friend's house. Someone had made it for her.. so no pattern was available right away. Last night I tried my hand at it.. to see what I could come up with.

chick2005.jpg

I used some pink Red Heart yarn, some spring green Fun Fur (for the nest grass), a tiny bit of orange yarn (the beak) and an H hook.

I crocheted it flat, then sewed it up. The grass is added by single crocheting it afterwards, between rows one and two of the pink. Add the beak, insert a normal sized plastic egg... and Voila! :D

Thanks ladies. Ya know.. I just thought of something else that I need to figure out... :think I need to figure out a pattern for a bunny :rabbit to fit over those eggs. I'm gonna be busy this afternoon. :lol And I'll be sure to write the patterns up and post them. :hook

I saw something like this at a friend's house. Someone had made it for her.. so no pattern was available right away. Last night I tried my hand at it.. to see what I could come up with.

chick2005.jpg

I used some pink Red Heart yarn, some spring green Fun Fur (for the nest grass), a tiny bit of orange yarn (the beak) and an H hook.

I crocheted it flat, then sewed it up. The grass is added by single crocheting it afterwards, between rows one and two of the pink. Add the beak, insert a normal sized plastic egg... and Voila! :D

Very Cute! That would be a great idea for a class party, for those of you that have little kids! Start now for next year and you would be done in no time....

:drool :drool that is so cute deb, what a smart "chickie" you are to figure it out from seeing it. i like to do that too, hope your having a wonderful easter. am waiting for the bunny now!!!! great job:hug :hug :hug vicki

Archived