couple more squiggly potholders

Well, this isn't my work, but I'm interested in making them in thread, too. She explains on her blog the changes she made to do them in thread. Here's the link:

http://clutteringmycouch.wordpress.com/2007/06/01/another-squiggly-wiggly/

I *love* these, and it seems like a good way to use up some leftover thread...

Very Nice. I assume they take FOREVER in size 10 thread but it looks like the finished product is SO worth it! TFS, they are Wonderful.

I love the look of these, bought a book at HL, got all excited, then got all confused following the pattern and stuck it in my thread box. Seeing one actually completed by a real person may just inspire me to dig it out! (Maybe the pattern I picked was too complicated . . . . ) Great job!

Hey, I'm sorry it took me so long to get back here! Thanks for posting the pattern link!

Here's how I adapted it:

I use a size 5 metal hook and size 10 crochet cotton (various brands, I'm just using scraps, whatever brand you like is fine)

I start with a chain 74 and work 23 rows instead of whatever it is they do on the pattern. This gives you 23 mesh squares each way.

On the squiggly rows I do 4 dcs instead of 3 dcs so that's why they look fuller.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I'm not on this forum every day, you can email me too, mtnmermaid@Hotmail.com.

It's been so popular I think I'll put a permanent page on my blog with the details. Glad you all like them! :) They're fun for me, my greatgrandmother used to make them but she died and didn't leave a pattern and it's taken me forever to figure out how to make them.

These are so neat!! I've had the pattern for some time....but never get to that point in the "want'a do" list.... I love the color combinations

These are so cute...your blog and examples have inspired me to make them (and I just happen to have a bunch of yucky thread that is fit only for kitchen items, not doilies). The first one is almost finished, and I've started a "squiggly wiggly" CAL to encourage others to give this a try. It is so cute and unusual.

My great-grandmother used to crochet, too! She made afghans, mostly, but also rugs, using rug yarn, and crocheting over those rubber rings used under canning lids, to give the finished rug some weight and thickness.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived