Crocheted Tie

Woven N Spun

I decided to take a break from socks and work on my boy's ties. Here is a picture of Josh wearing one. I have to finish two more before Sunday.

I am not so great at doing a tie, so it's a little off center, but with his dad's help, I think we will get it tied right. Sorry the picture isn't as detailed as I would have liked, but will hopefully get some more detailed pics on my blog by the weekend.

Dscn1146sm.jpg

I used Lion Brand Magic Stripes sock yarn in red and black/white.

I'm making my 3 yr old one for Easter too! Only I made the mistake of getting worsted weight cotton for it and now it's not working real well and I'm out of time to get more. Might have to dig into my stash and see what else will match his shirt. Your's looks really, really great! Makes me want some of that yarn myself.

Your son is so cute standing there. My husband loves crocheted ties so I make a lot of them (He's an attorney). Yours is great!

Your son is so cute standing there. My husband loves crocheted ties so I make a lot of them (He's an attorney). Yours is great!

My hubby couldn't get into the look of a crocheted tie...There are days I don't think he can function when he isn't in uniform wearing his Drill Sergeant hat. :)

However, looking at someone's post yesterday, I FINALLY found something he liked and asked me to make....one of those jazzy java jackets. Although I confess he did ask if I would not put the fur on there. :hook YAY...finally something I can make for hubby that he will use.

Love it! Never thought of crocheting a tie! My dad wears ties ALL the time. I should make him some for Christmas!! OR his bday is in June. Hmmm.....

Do you have a specific pattern you are using?

Love it! Never thought of crocheting a tie! My dad wears ties ALL the time. I should make him some for Christmas!! OR his bday is in June. Hmmm.....

Do you have a specific pattern you are using?

I just took one of the kid's clip on ties and used that as a guide and sort of winged it. Finished the second one tonight and am working on the third. Hope to have it done tomorrow. Thankfully my friends know I have to constantly be working on projects and didn't mind my working on it at their house tonight. :hook

Archived