Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy

Yea,VanGogh did use lots of blues-- if you go back to post one, click on the TRIBUTE link .

It's a youtube video of VanGogh's works and is really beautiful .

I have watched this a couple of times and it really does help you to get the concept of the blending and working your colours.

Ok .... my mind has it figured out but my hands have lousy eyesight and they are not getting it at all! :rofl

I still love the video. I would love to be able to do the "Irises" in crochet in some way... :sigh

Well I am back from my short trip to Santa Cruz, CA to my favorite nephew's College Graduation from U.C. Santa Cruz and he was so excited to get a Van Gogh Ripple Blanket as a present. I put it on his bed and it really jazzed up his room which is furnished in used furniture and cast-offs. It made a real difference. I think I will make him a Ripple Pillow next to add to it. I was working on the blanket until Midnight of the night before my flight......Just wanted you to know how much he appreciated it.

And Thimble I love your colors of your RR......:manyheart

th_crochetjacket005-1.jpg

th_crochetjacket006-1.jpg

A :frog ing we will go,

A :frog ing we will go,

Hi Ho the merrio, a :frog ing we will go.

I have pulled back to where there is no excess and I am hopeful that this will progress much better now.

However, having more money than brains (like none) I think I will try answering my question to see if I can get an interesting effect by using HDC for part of the rows at least some of the time. i want to see if it will go "off centre" and still work.

Yeah I know, my summer residence is located in the :frog pond.

Darski,

Maybe it would be easier to do a Ripple Blanket instead of the RR. When you use 2 strands of yarn and alternate the colors it comes out ok....

This might not make any sense but I cannot abide doing ripples. :rofl

I have no idea what possessed me to even try this...

oh wait.. yeah I remember now... it was

All the fabulous RR blankies I saw here.

I can be persuaded to do a round ripple but not a straight ripple. :grump

This might not make any sense but I cannot abide doing ripples. :rofl

I have no idea what possessed me to even try this...

oh wait.. yeah I remember now... it was

All the fabulous RR blankies I saw here.

I can be persuaded to do a round ripple but not a straight ripple. :grump

Darski, Go ahead and laugh, but --ripples really are a bore:devil

I agree with you: all the beautiful rr's in this cal are breaking down my ripple guard:yes :yes . The shell afghan I'm working up is pretty, but it doesn't have the :yay that these rr's have. I can't wait to start one.

Right now though, I can't:no :no because I've solemnly pledged to start no new work til all my WIP's are finished. :rolleyes Marci

Oh, poor Darski. Living in the :frog pond and being surrounded by :frogs all :frogs the :frogs live :frogs long :frogs day. :rofl :rofl :rofl Hehehehehe! You've made my day.

Liz, how gorgeous!!!:c9

Darski, I agree about not liking ripples...STRAIGHT ripples, that is. I ADORE the way these rr come out!

All the rr's are beautifull and the straight ripple.

I haven't tried a straight ripple but I would want to do one someday all though everytime I think of one I flashback to the 70's orange and brown and creme ones. :lol

Well, I hate to be the odd man out here, but I love straight ripples.

Do you guys think they are an UGLY pattern or you just don't like doing them ?

I think they are very restful to work on, because they require so little brain power to do them, same thing over and over .............

Hi Guys,

I enjoyed making the straight ripple, because there was absolutely no thinking involved. So it was a good evening TV show craft. But one is enough - the round ripples are fun and the last color scheme of lilac, white and pink was fantastic....

Darski, can't wait to see yours finished - after many frogs, you should have a prince soon!!!!:devil

Liz - I really really love your RR - I must ask you - where did you find the pattern for the flower dress that you are making for your dd with 132 motifs???? It should be very unusual...:cheer

Liz - I really really love your RR - I must ask you - where did you find the pattern for the flower dress that you are making for your dd with 132 motifs???? It should be very unusual...:cheer

I'm making it up, and I'm dropping the number of motifs to 100, it will just have to be a shorter dress since I didn't have enough thread to do 132! Check my blog for pictures of all the flowers, those of you who haven't yet!

I like straight ripples, too. Every once in a while I need something other than just itty bitty squares that is mindless :lol Plus, I like the way they look. I think the round ripples look very pretty but I'm not coordinated enough to figure out how to cover up with it :rofl

Liz, your RR is adorable as are the darling things on your blog. WOW!! You are one very talented lady. Thanks for sharing all your photos with us.:yay:yay

Liz your afghan is gorgeous. I've never done a round ripple, swore off straight ripples years ago, but I've got to try one of these.

Darski, somehow I missed the Van Gogh video link from the first post, but thanks for the mention:hug because it's beautiful, and very calming. Has it helped you get through all your :frog ing?

Well, I really just checked in to say :night g'night. I'm gonna go crochet. Marci

Heather mentioned the flashback to the 70's and the colors then...maybe that's why I don't like them...

Maybe, as Cara said, it would be a good, mindless alternative to the tiny squares. Maybe. Only if I did the VanGhoh effect, though.

Otherwise...nope!

Judy - I like early AM too.. altho I am not responsible for any difficult figuring or thinking until after 10 Am.. :lol

Liz, thank you for compliments to my RR, your pastel RR is beautiful, I like the soft look and the pastel purples and pinks

Rennee - big huge bummer on the bag issue, Honestly airlines are just so disorganized. Coming back from Norway to Seattle, SAS lost my DOG in Amsterdam, because we had the luck of traveling during the ONE day Amsterdam got fogged in.. so we had to land in this little farm town because pilot was circling and circling.. and they had to refuel, and then change planes... we spent the night in Rotterdam.. and my beautiful collie was on the RUNWAY because the ground crew LOST him. He is ten and has issues with baloons, fireworks and loud noises, so he was in SHOCK when we finally got him in Seatac, yeah they finally found him.. to top it off.. they never gave him his valium, but it was magically gone. I was steaming mad, and crying because I didn't know if he would make it. He had a very rough trip, but luckily when they rolled his carrier, he only broke his toe and the tip of his tail. :angry If he could just TELL me what they did to him, I would write that letter to uncle vito soprano.... Poor magic! sigh..

Linda T. .. My brother went to U of M, so did my father, and I was born in S. Mlps., and lived near lake Nakomis until I was 8! I love Minnesota. Have family on Lake Millacs. Love the Summers there. All my dads side of family is from Alexandria and Minnapolis, my grandparents came from Sweden and lived there.. I love Minnesota.:c9

Linda T - also love your blue afghan! very nice little doggy too, wow!

Joanne, I really love love love the straight afghan in van gogh style purple and blues.. looks like a real stunner. It reminds me of starry starry night blues, .. it made me think of an ocean waves.. very "romantic" looking. I love the way it came out.. I think I need to try a straight ripple since they are so airbrushed looking this way. I really like this method of blending ..

Am just loving everyone's beautiful pictures they put up. :clap The reason I have stuck to a project like this so steadfast like.. is because I feel this CAL is inspiring me to stick with it and show my progress.. it helps to have a group to check in with .. at least with me! I am happy I am not leaving anything undone this way.. ;o

Great colors .. I really love everybody's projects.. :hug hugs all around from me to you

Thimble

Archived