Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

I am having trouble typing today. This is the third attempt at getting this posted. I've managed to lose two so far.

Good morning, everybody. I started my nephew's blue rr when we pulled away from the house for the trip to Panama City Beach, FL. I had it done at about noon on Thursday. I didn't have any more yarn and didn't get a chance to buy any more until this morning. I also decided that the blues fit my other nephew better than they did Tom. I got ranch red and gold, Tom's university's colors, and will make one in those for Tom for Christmas. I'll send a check for his HS graduation. Eric will get the blue one for Christmas. I will get a picture of the blue one later on today and post it.

Renee, what a trip! At least you DID get there. I'm pulling for you on the interview.

Linz, don't be shy with us. We are a great bunch of cheerleaders. :cheer :cheer And if you need help, there is sure to be several people who will be more than happy to do that, too. One of the neat things about Crochetville is that we're so supportive of each other, whether about crocheting or other stuff. In fact, I goofed up on that thread crochet center piece and ended up frogging (rippin out) 3 rows, because I couldn't fudge my way around the mistake. :2frog

Have a good day everybody. It's good to be home. :hook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Renee, here are some good thoughts coming your way for your interview. I hope you do well!

-------

I did well on the interview, but my bag is still missing. As far as they can tell, it's in Austin still. There's a 4pm flight, so I'm going to call and check then. I'm beyond hacked about this - American Airlines really screwed up, there was no excuse for this. They pulled my bag to retag it, they just didn't do it.

Okay, so the interviewers were very sympathetic with me, and I think things went well. It just remains to be seen if I'm what they're looking for.

Okay, because I still don't have my bag and I'm stressed, I'm going to go to lunch and then get some yarn therapy.

:clap Two nice things to post here about.. finally was able to figure out my rr, it is done in caron wild raspberry, rubine red, watermelon, soft pink and off white.. the last two not really added yet.. it is turning out with actual points! auction061.jpg

kitty came home three days ago hooray! We thought she would be a Millicent kitty, :no but have to rethink the name because upon further inspection, she is a he! :eek

Aww cute isn't he! kitty.jpg

The big kitty likes him too.. this would be Brutus the 15 pound Tuxedo. brutuswithnewkitty-1.jpg He loves to give new kitty playful pounces and hugs and kisses. They love each other already.:yes

Oh.. uhm.. that stuff on the oriental rug is a fluff toy they tore up between them .. I promise I vacuum every day!

Thimble:hug

Thimble, your rr is beautiful!!! :cheer:clap Is it for anyone in particular? Or did I miss a post and you already mentioned it.

Hi Girls,

I have been lurking and admiring your work for a while now. I had posted at the beginning that I wanted to give this method a try, it just took me awhile to get going on it.

I'm almost done ... well, 8 rows to go, with a granny star pattern. I'm not totally happy with the pattern itself, but I love the method! I have to add 4 rows of red/purple and then 4 rows of purple purple and then I think I'll be done. This is for my 4 year old son for his big boy bed. He loves bright colors!

I used Carron SS and a K hook. The picture is taken on my queen size bed, to show the size.

Thanks for all of the inspiration you've given me!

th_2vangohgrannystar.jpg

th_vangohgrannystar.jpg

Thank you Cara,:hug I keep calling the new kitty she.. its a HE.. oh yes, we had a surprise when we all found that out.. thank you on the rr, I was happy to see points finally happening..

Thank you knicknac, I appreciate that:hug

Sheila your rr is gorgeous, it looks like a giant sun! so nice:clap

Thank you Judy along the shore in New Jersey! I am making this just almost as big as the picture is now.. I want to just add a few more rows. There is a oh not huge problem but for her it is.. my Japanese Chin (a little squishy faced dog with long tendrils and they are so sweet).. she slips around on the leather on the carseat. She wants to go everywhere with me, but she really slides and can't get haha traction. It's funny but not really but I can't stop laughing when I think the extent I go for her. So, I bought this doggy donut bed.. it's like a furry donut with a hassock. THEN I sewed rubber fabric the kind you put on the bottom of slippers. THEN she didn't like the brown fur, I don't know why, she stands in it but won't sit down. OK... so THEN I thought well, maybe she would like an afghan, as she loves the ones on the beds and etc.. here.. (hey aren't you glad you asked me this question).. SO.. I had this thought of making something round, and tacking it to the bottom and sides of the round donut doggy bed. voila, a purpose for my raspberry colored van gogh round ripple. Whew my fingers are tired after all this typing..

And so, that is my story and I am sticking to it. Lovely colors everybody has on their projects.. I am having fun with this CAL, my first one! :clap

Thimble:hug Hugs all around

Thimble, you'll end up loving this technique so much you'll be asking people if they need one just so you can do it again!!:yes

Thimble and Sheila, really beautiful! I love the bright colors!

I am almost done with my ripple. I finished with the pink stripe and it is already almost 36" so decided not to do another purple stripe. So hopefully I will be done tomorrow! That's good since I need to get back to the motif dress for dd before the summer is done and she can't wear it!

I am thinking that I will frog back because I have wayyyyyy too much afghan for a circle. i am not quitting but I have to remove some of this excess.:yes :grump

Thanks for the compliments ladies!

Renee - that bites the big one about yur bag!

---------

Yeah and guess what - still no bag! They don't know where it is, only that it isn't in Kansas City. At this point, they may as well just hold it for me in Austin, because I'm going back on Wednesday. Tomorrow I'm going to do more shopping for essentials, since the airline is reimbursing me for it all.

WOW! All the ripples and other pretties that have been posted while I was gone are STUNNING and GORGEOUS and BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Great job everyone. :cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer

I'm still not completely unpacked or back in sinc, but getting closer. Yesterday I took Kim to a doctor's appointment. A week early! I had the wrong date in my head. I even looked at the calendar and it didn't register. Oof-Da. Luckily the doctor had a cancellation at that time and they could see her anyway. And it STILL didn't hit me, even when they told me the appointment wasn't until next week. OyVay.:blush:no

Grump, Grump, Grump. :grump :grumpy :grump :grumpy :grump I talked to my oldest brother yesterday and he said that the nephew graduating HS is going to go Mankato State University. Last I heard it was the University of Minnesota at Duluth. I just started his Christmas gift of a RR in maroon and gold which are the U of M colors. MSU is purple and gold. Called his dad and sure enough it's MSU. Brainstorm!! :idea One of my sisters-in-law works for the U of M. I can keep going and make the maroon & gold one as her Christmas gift.:hook I'm happy again.

Grump, Grump, Grump. :grump :grumpy :grump :grumpy :grump I talked to my oldest brother yesterday and he said that the nephew graduating HS is going to go Mankato State University. Last I heard it was the University of Minnesota at Duluth. I just started his Christmas gift of a RR in maroon and gold which are the U of M colors. MSU is purple and gold. Called his dad and sure enough it's MSU. Brainstorm!! :idea One of my sisters-in-law works for the U of M. I can keep going and make the maroon & gold one as her Christmas gift.:hook I'm happy again.

You resourceful gal you :hug

I just finished the rainbow RR my daughter requested. She chose the colors and how many rows. I am pleased at how it turned out (much better than I expected). The colors are lighter than the picture shows. I worked on the for 10 days and it is rather large.

th_RoundRipple.jpg

Archived