Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in - I have been watching this CAL for awhile and decided to go ahead and start my Round Ripple.

Progress so far:

576857931_b4bfcdb608_m.jpg

Using N hook and RHSS soft white, light jade and dark jade.

It's approximately 42 inches across. I'm going to stop at approx. 52 inches, so I'm almost there. This was to be my FIRST round ripple, but the progress was interrupted (ripple-interruptus?) when I decide to make one for our oldest daughter.

Welcome Gene from another newcomer to the ville. WOW you have the Van Gogh pattern down .. your daughter will love it. I just love greens.. nice work :cheer

Thimble

Hi, everyone. I'm late getting on, because I had to take my car in for diagnostics right off the bat this morning. It flunked the emissions test. Repairs are $900 and possibly more. OUCH!!!!:eek

Gene, welcome, welcome, welcome!!! :welcome That is a beautiful round ripple you have going! :yay:cheer:yay

Becky, you ripple is soooooo pretty! :yay:cheer:yay

Hi everyone, I finished up my giant granny last night. I put an edging of HDC on it, and, wait for it, I weaved in all the ends! Yep, that thing is really done, done!

And I forget who gave me the idea to spend just a few minutes each day weaving in ends on some of my other projects, but I love that idea, and I spent just a little time today weaving ends on a striped afghan I finished a year ago (:eek ) and it looks better already. I have another scrap ghan that I have to do the ends, then finish up the 63 more (I have 12 more squares then assembly), and then I will need another new project or two (and I've already got several planned out).

At some point when I have all 4 ghans finished, I'll get my friend Kimm to take pictures for me and I'll share, but that may be a while from now.

Congratulations, Renee!!! It's all done, done. Great!!! I know that that idea of doing just a little of something I dislike followed by doing a bunch of what I like has saved me a number of times. In fact, I have few things that are in need of just a little more of this or that to be done. Maybe that's what I'll do with them. :lol

Linda,

I was so so so lucky my volvo passed the first time.. I took it for an oil change just before, and was going to go for a tune up at the same time.. but the mechanic rolled his eyes at me and said, " mam, you have one big mess down there. May as well take it for your smog test and then bring her back here for a fix up, we'll take care of you" and he looked almost sorry for me. I was literally shocked when I drove through the little platform and the guys waved me through. I said, 'I passed?? are you sure?? ' they waved bye bye to me and in wonderment I drove home. I was so sure I would have gotten nailed as that has been my luck in past. I feel for you, it is no fun paying that outrageous fix em up fee. Big hug for Linda:hug

I finished :cheer !!!

It's about 36" across and really soft and snuggly. I'm really pleased with it - just need to get the camera off Hubby so I can post a pic!!

Morning, everyone. Thanks, Jill. It was a shock in more than one way, since I had expected it to pass! Linz, congratulations. Can't wait to see your pic.

i've finally made up my mind! YAY!!! hey- this is a momentous occasion here, guys!

I'm going to make my personal winter blankie with the rainbow colors in bernat's baby coordinates. 2 strand'll be perfect! It's a little too hot to work on a solid ghan right now and I have a bunch of little stuff to finish up but now that I have my next big project in mind I should zip right thru these.

I wanted to say thank you to all of the ladies here for posting all their beautiful work and for being such an inspiration!

Rose - Grats on getting inspiration!! :yay I've finally got one more thing I think I shall try, too :yes My niece is having a baby in January and I'm hoping to use this technique....if I can just get it to work :bang

Hi everybody. Just getting caught up on all the weekend postings. I was away visiting my sister, and got a chance to see my nephew's new son. 7 lbs and 20'' and 8 days old. He's gorgeous.:manyheart I took my Van Gogh project along, :hook and got a few rows done. I've been talking about trying a round ripple,after seeing all the beautiful pictures here, but I can't find a pattern for a full size afghan. Any suggestions for sources? I downloaded the baby ripple pattern from page one of this CAL. Can I just keep going on that one til it's the size I want? :think Thanks for any help. Marci

Hi Marci

Well, I know some of the ladies made them bigger by just adding more rounds, but I think there's a thread someplace that someone made a 24-point round ripple, by adding granny squares in at some point to add more points -

I'm not sure where it was, but maybe someone else on here will know .

Hi Marci

Well, I know some of the ladies made them bigger by just adding more rounds, but I think there's a thread someplace that someone made a 24-point round ripple, by adding granny squares in at some point to add more points -

I'm not sure where it was, but maybe someone else on here will know .

Thanks Julie. Right after I posted my request, I discovered there's a round ripple CAL:blush I found a baby RR pattern link there that says just keep redoing rounds 7-8-9 to make the ghan any size desired. That'll work fine:yes :yes I'd like to make one big enough to cover just the top of our guest room bed.

I've been on the net, through the 'ville, and through all the books at AC Moore looking for a pattern without any luck til today. However, I did find three other pattern books at Moore's that I really have to have. :devil

And Darski, I saw a pattern book titled "200 Ripple Stitch Patterns". Somebody must really like doing ripples:lol :lol .

Linda, our '90 VW passed inspection this year for only $54. My DH nearly passed out from shock. The mechanic told us that since it's driven less than 3000 miles a year, it doesn't need emissions inspection (that's in PA). And that's what saves us a bundle. Marci

Archived