Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HeeHee, I wrote that & then forgot to check back in here. What a convo I missed.

Julie~You know your secret would be safe with me for a small price. :D

Krystal~When will I ever live that down? Huh, Huh, tell me, tell me?? :lol

Now Tab

I don't know if that's very fair or not. I didnt know I had to PAY you for being a dedicated friend ..... come on, I'm one of your OLDEST friends. ......

NOTICE the OLDEST --- I mean AGE -wise, not number of years we've known each other .

You aint gonna make a person almost old enough for a Golden Buckeye Card PAY you to keep your Cake-Hole shut, are you ??????:lol

Now Tab

I don't know if that's very fair or not. I didnt know I had to PAY you for being a dedicated friend ..... come on, I'm one of your OLDEST friends. ......

NOTICE the OLDEST --- I mean AGE -wise, not number of years we've known each other .

You aint gonna make a person almost old enough for a Golden Buckeye Card PAY you to keep your Cake-Hole shut, are you ??????:lol

You don't know me very well, do ya? I would make my own Mom pay & she is as young as you. <<<<< a bit of sucking up never hurts. :lol

We are too much alike. I say pie-hole & you say cake hole. :lol :lol

Was just popping in to see what all was going on in here.. what nice topics of conversation were rolling around.. and did a double take and spilled my chai latte, but missed my yarn so all is well

~Thimble is laughing and laughing at the goofy ladies of van gogh CAL of which I am most proud to be a new member of!

I was an art history major in college and love Van Gogh. I went to Amsterdam with my family a couple times while we lived in Norway and was just thrilled to stand in front of the Yellow House and also, self portrait. :faint - It was a " moment " for me! I was there for a while, memorizing each stroke, and wanted to touch the painting but of course I couldn't. I loved my visit there. Also saw the Dutch Masters, etc.. :yes Girl with a pearl earring.. just so many beautiful paintings.

I clipped copied and saved this graphic Google did a while ago on Van Gogh's Birthday.... and look at that blending technique.. just gorgeous..

Thimble :hugvincent-google.gif

Not to answer for her but I actually know this. :yes Surprised, I am. :lol Anywhoo, it is a spiced tea. :yes I tried it & didn't really care for it but I bet it tastes alot better as a latte. Which is when they put it in that doo-hickey machine with the milk & stuff to make it frothy (kinda looks like whipped cream on top). Okay so maybe I didn't put it the most intelligent way but you get the point, right? :think

Hmmm. came in here hoping Julie had announced she finished that third block. Well, over to the next CAL she's got, maybe she said something there... ;)

You're going to get carpal tunnel syndrome if you are sitting with your finger on the button for this one. :rofl

and pardon me for sounding like a HillJack, but what is a chai latte ?

LOL!!! I can answer that one!!! It's a latte made with Chai tea instead of coffee. I had one from Starbucks this past weekend, and let me tell you, I'm HOOKED!!!!

Was just popping in to see what all was going on in here.. what nice topics of conversation were rolling around.. and did a double take and spilled my chai latte, but missed my yarn so all is well

~Thimble is laughing and laughing at the goofy ladies of van gogh CAL of which I am most proud to be a new member of!

----------

It's a drag you spilled your chai, but good that you missed your yarn!

BTW, you can get the chai tea mix at a lot of bigger groceries, and just mix it with your own milk. I usually take my chai iced, so no need to steam the milk. And it sure is tasty! :yes

You know chai latte is so different. It's something I didn't try until my sister sent me this email while I was in Norway complaining how I couldn't get things like peanut butter and good salsa.. and dill pickles. I was really in food withdrawl there. But they have other things, so you just adapt.. but i missed the good stuff..that I was used to.. anyway this recipe is what she sent me and it is ok.. but now I don't mess with making it the hard way, I just get the carton at Safeway, there are a bunch of them over by the coffee beans.. you know I think the one I usually buy is Tazo, decaf, and it is a sweet syruped tea, very strong. The stuff is already in there, and you just fill a glass with ice or if your fridge has a crusher, use the crushed ice, (a tall glass).. then, one teacup full of chai syrup concentrate, and one equal teacup full of regular milk, stir and drink. if you want to do it the authentic way, you get a little sauce pan, and follow this recipe:

2 cups water

4 black tea bags

1/4 cup honey

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cinnamon stick

5 whole cloves

1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1 pinch ground nutmeg

2 cups milk

"A delicious Chai tea that is easy to make at home. Serve hot or over ice."

In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add tea, honey and vanilla. Season with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger and nutmeg. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour in milk, and bring to a boil, strain through a sieve, sprinkle top with cinnamon, serve.:clap tea is on!

oops I forgot ... if you do buy the concentrated chai mix liquid (which I think is the closest to the real deal) make sure you look at all the expiration dates and get the one that is the freshest. I always dig around the back of the shelved stacks of them, and get the newest one put out because they really taste best fresh made and seem bit stale if they are expired.

Well now thats all you would ever need to know about chai tea and THEN some:blush

Good morning, everyone. I'm another Chai lover. I had my first one at a hospital and it was love at first sip. They are good both hot and cold, but my favorite is piping hot with whipped cream melting on top. :tea

Krystal, if you chase Juie through all her CALs you'll be busy all day long and never have any time for crocheting. Hehehe!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Who's got pictures for us today? :photo I'll post one later.:photo

Nothing really new on progress from my end, so no new pictures. I think I'm going to put the squares away and churn out a few RRs as I have a couple of friends who are all having babies the next few months.

I made and sent a 12 inch square to a member for a comfortghan...but fogot to take a picture of it. It was red, white and blue - came out nice, too.

Oh, well....

Linda, are they good with whipped cream.. I like cafe mochas too with whipped cream .. what is the weather like in your world today? Here in the Harbor it's raining with a mild thunder.. storm warning too, :storm and perfect for finishing my afghan with a nice coffee... I notice the more I check in here and see everybody's pictures, the more inspired I am to do more cal's.. I was thinking of joining the cathedral cal.. wow have you all seen it? To me, it looks like a real stained glass cathedral window. I wonder if I could manage it. You all are so talented, wow! nice work!!! :nworthy

Me, am going to run to the store to find some rugs .. was thinking of edging a few towels in varigated cotton edging picot.. and maybe using this blend technique with thread.. thought that would be pretty.. I just love the way this van gogh pattern works up on your thread projects you have been posting. Can't wait to see all your cool pictures today! If I get done with anything (hahahaha) I will post them up here.. have fun today hugs all around from Jill in WA:hug

Hi, Jill. They are woooooonderful with whipped cream. Simply scrumptious.

Here's a picture of my latest RR. I wasn't real sure how this was coming out at first, but now that I'm a bit farther into it, it's fine.

?action=view&current=DCP_1127.jpg

MMmmm, chai... I'm trying to be healthy these days and avoid the coffee and chocolate, (esp. since the chocolate gives me migraines) but maybe chai wouldn't be too bad, especially with real whipped cream instead of fake, sweetened with stevia and maybe some unflavored gelatin thrown in to really make it healthy. Do you think that would qualify as healthy? I'm just really feeling deprived these days.

Archived