Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all these afghans:manyheart . Although I posted an "I'll do this" several weeks ago, I just got started today! I've been lurking around looking at all your pictures, though, and everything is beautiful. But anyway, finally got out my hook:hook and rolled up four colors:yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn into eight balls, and I'm off and loving what's happening. I'm working on a baby afghan in a shell pattern, so it's coming out straight stripes instead of those gorgeous rounds, but I really like the way the colors blend. A rr, or maybe a star, is on my Do Next list, since every one I see here is one I have to have:lol :lol . Marci

Patty, that is sooooo very pretty! :cheer:yay:cheer

Finally, pictures. The Blue RR will go to my oldest nephew. The maroon & gold will go to my sister-in-law and her husband.

DCP_1112.jpgDCP_1113.jpg

I am beginning to believe that this technique looks best in blues! Look how gorgeous that is!

Didn't Van Gogh work in blues a lot? there are some shades of blue I don't care to work with, but with this technique I have yet to see any rr that doesn't look fantastic! There are no 2 exactly alike, either!

Linda T...looking good!!:clap And I love seeing Trouble (?) in the pics!

Morning, everybody. I woke up at 7:00 this morning. Not sure why, but I did. Van Gogh used a lot of yellows too.

You're up bright and early today, Julie.:yes

I'm usually up around 5 AM too...doggies wake up. How is it that I hear them but DH doesn't:think

When DH was working in NYC he was up at 5 AM and I stayed up...saw him out the door and had some quiet time to read or whatever, before I started my day. Nice:) I never had a job outside the home once I became a mom. I was one of the lucky ones - even though we lived paycheck to paycheck for too many years.

BTW, the older dog needs her meals and meds at 12 hour intervals, anyway. And that's my job...

I still think early morning is nice:)

So guess what? 60 hours (almost exactly to the minute) after I arrived in Kansas, my bag was delivered to me. At 6:30 this morning. 13 hours after it was picked up for delivery at the KC airport (which is 40 miles from here). After the delivery company swore up and down it had been delivered yesterday (which it had not). When the delivery company called to tell me it was on its way, I asked where my bag had been this whole time, and they hung up on me.

I have a noon flight.

I'm wearing clean clothes for the first time since Sunday.

I had a horrible experience with American, and they are getting a very angry, very pointed complaint from me. They really screwed the handling of my bag in every conceivable way, and at this point, I have no desire ever to give them another dime of my money if I can help it. I think I just became a new Continental customer.

Renee...what a tale your bag could tell if it could talk!

And the best revenge is a pointed letter telling American that you will never fly them agan and you will tell ALL of your friends (of which you have thousands right here) NEVER to use them!

Renee - Glad they found the bag :yes Personally, I've switched to only Continental or Southwest Airlines. Continental is better IMHO because they're not so cramped. :P Glad you're all straight again. When should you here whether you got the job or not?

Renee...what a tale your bag could tell if it could talk!

And the best revenge is a pointed letter telling American that you will never fly them agan and you will tell ALL of your friends (of which you have thousands right here) NEVER to use them!

Oh I have GOT to remember that one!!

I have NEVER liked American - Southwest is my new best friend.

After recent tickets to Vegas for just $201 a pop, I'm feeling a bit warm and fuzzy about them as well :manyheart

Poor Renee. What a time you've had with this trip. Hope the interview went well and that you get the job. That would say much for you. And Judi's right, you have lots of friends who know about the fiasco with American. And that will probably affect a lot of opinions on who we choose to fly with.

Julie - 4 or 5 am?!?!?!?! :eek :eek That is cruel and unusual punishment!!!! :faint I can't function that early in the day and never could!!! Yuck!!!!!:yuck :yuck :yuck

Archived