Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so involved with the Lightening round of the Sky Cal (I finished that small project)...no Van Ghoh for a while....but now I "have" to use up some Caron brites for another blankie :lol - either for Project Linus or maybe just a batch of small ones (maybe a straight pattern...a tight granny design) for my neighbor to bring into the NICU where she's a nurse. Little ones go faster...and you can make more of them! :) Hat's, too...

Oh Linda, so pretty. I love the chunky look of it. :clap What kind of yarn did you use, I love the colors too.. looks like maybe chenille? :yes

Gosh everybody on this CAL is so talented. I just love the entire thing.

Jill

MMmmm, chai... I'm trying to be healthy these days and avoid the coffee and chocolate, (esp. since the chocolate gives me migraines) but maybe chai wouldn't be too bad, especially with real whipped cream instead of fake, sweetened with stevia and maybe some unflavored gelatin thrown in to really make it healthy. Do you think that would qualify as healthy? I'm just really feeling deprived these days.

I am sorry you get migraines! :eek I had one just once and that was enough for me. I think I took Ibuprofen 850 mg.. I remember the strong sun reflecting off the snow set me off.. I have very light blue green eyes and am really light sensitive.

Hope you are feeling well, Liz, your work is absolutely gorgeous.

Jill

Arnold is MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTING!!!!!

lol I missed this.. who is Arnold and why are we glad he is melting!? :blush

lol I missed this.. who is Arnold and why are we glad he is melting!? :blush

Because Julie strongly dislikes the avatar, and the only way it's going away is as she finishes each part of her woven blocks he is being slowly "erased"!

We have it on good authority that Julie has been making wonderful progress:)

Good morning, everyone. This RR is RHSS just like the others, but since I'm only using two colors it gives it a much different visual effect. Maroon and gold are the colors of the University of Minnesota, which is where my SIL works.:)

Hmm... I think "strongly disklikes" is waaaaay to nice to describe it, but I'm pretty sure the true words would be *****'d out!

I was being nice....much more lady-like than I usualy am!:lol :lol

I finally finished! :clap (And it only took the lightning round over in the Sky cal to push me into it!). I think it turned out pretty good...and I learned something very important in the production of this 'ghan....I really dislike straight ripples!!! :P

So here it is....

ripple3-done.jpg[/img]

Becky, I posted on the Sky CAL, too...you did an excellent job here! I also DISLIKE striaght ripples....the rr are my fav, though, esp witht his effect. I have my Caron brites waiting for the next Project Linus ghan!

Becky

Your straight ripple is beautiful. I love the color combo...I have my yarn ready for the van gogh project (I posted pics earlier) and think I will start with a round ripple. I also have 400 other projects started, I get bored too easily I think.

.I have my yarn ready for the van gogh project (I posted pics earlier) and think I will start with a round ripple. I also have 400 other projects started, I get bored too easily I think.

Wouldn't you know it ... Julie has a cure for that--->>>

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51940

Just read the first post and then head to the last page. Only the certifiably insane have managed to read all our ramblings without injury :rofl

I am going to finish my RR with a couple of rounds of the darkest yarn and then call it done. :sigh. And this technique is so lovely but I just can't get it to come out looking like anything.:bang I just know that when I show it to people they are going to blink for a couple of minutes and then say, "That looks... um... er... ah... :interest"

I now need to find a dog owner who doesn't really like her dog so I can get rid of this thing. :dog That is what we love about dogs.. they have no standards.

Darski, my dogs just looked at me strangely - wondering what could be so funny as I stared at my computer nad then laughed out loud!!

It was that last sentence:lol :lol :lol

Darski, my dogs just looked at me strangely - wondering what could be so funny as I stared at my computer nad then laughed out loud!!

It was that last sentence:lol :lol :lol

But isn't it true?

You spend a million bucks on a velvet pillow for a :cat and she looks at you like you flunked Kindergarten; you give a :dog an old blanket you could have tossed in the trash and they act like they have died and gone to heaven. I love that and depend on it much of the time.

:dog :goodorbad:cat

http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0258.htm

I have been working on this pattern with two strands of WW yarn to test it for some changes and I think it would easily be made to work in this technique. I am almost finished with it in my two colours but if I had thought of it earlier I might have gone for the variations. (of course, there is the sad fact that that has not gone well so far...detail; just detail) :rofl

it was originally done with a Super Bulky weight... I wonder if 3 strands would really open the pattern to interpretation here?

http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0258.htm

I have been working on this pattern with two strands of WW yarn to test it for some changes and I think it would easily be made to work in this technique. I am almost finished with it in my two colours but if I had thought of it earlier I might have gone for the variations. (of course, there is the sad fact that that has not gone well so far...detail; just detail) :rofl

it was originally done with a Super Bulky weight... I wonder if 3 strands would really open the pattern to interpretation here?

I think if you used 3 strands you really could get some great variations in color - but you would have to use a bigger hook than an "N" - at least, I would have to do that!

I think if you used 3 strands you really could get some great variations in color - but you would have to use a bigger hook than an "N" - at least, I would have to do that!

Actually, I am using a P (10 mm) for the two strands but I think it would also work for 3 strands.

Archived