Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It absolutely would - when I saw the pictures that was the first thing I thought of!

I think I am going to disagree with you on this.

Because of where the lumberjack is going with just the two colours, I don't think it really follows the spirit of a Van Gogh. VG's are to be fluid and developing while the lumberjack has a set agenda.

Obviously, I love the lumberjacks (as I have finally succumbed to their charm and will be starting one next week) but I just don't think it would "count" in this style.

Colour me wrong if you think so.. wouldn't be the first time I was in error. (Seldom in error; Never in doubt! :wlol )

Because of where the lumberjack is going with just the two colours, I don't think it really follows the spirit of a Van Gogh. VG's are to be fluid and developing while the lumberjack has a set agenda.

Obviously, I love the lumberjacks (as I have finally succumbed to their charm and will be staring one next week) but I just don't think it would "count" in this style.

Colour me wrong if you think so.. wouldn't be the first time I was in error. (Seldom in error; Never in doubt! :wlol )

I see what you're talking about, Darski - I had in mind the multi colored one I was thinking of imitating, which reminded me of this technique.

Sorry, Rose Red...I was only thinking with part of my brain:lol

I see what you're talking about, Darski - I had in mind the multi colored one I was thinking of imitating, which reminded me of this technique.

Sorry, Rose Red...I was only thinking with part of my brain:lol

Oh now I know which is the flannel ghan. :oops Boy, I really should go back to bed and start this day over because obviously my little brain went shopping :lol

I agree. It's a lovely technique but I don't think it would work here. Just my 2 cents :hug

Good morning, everyone. This RR is RHSS just like the others, but since I'm only using two colors it gives it a much different visual effect. Maroon and gold are the colors of the University of Minnesota, which is where my SIL works.:)

Good job! I love your RR, I'm addicted to them, but haven't tried this color method yet. I did you varying shades of pink to red, but not in this manner. I'm working on a Skipping Stones afghan in Maroon and Gold for our favorite babysitter. She is going to the U of MN in the fall. I also went there so it has special meaning. I might not be able to part with it, but I already showed it to her. I didn't do the VanGogh technique, but panels of maroon set off gold popcorn rows.

That sounds great, Craftymomma.

I had to look up the lumberjack flannel 'ghan to see what you all were talking about. I'm with the rest. Don't think it would work with the VG method.

Obviously, I love the lumberjacks (as I have finally succumbed to their charm and will be staring one next week) but I just don't think it would "count" in this style.

Pardon me for asking, but did you say you were going to stare at a charming Lumberjack? Good idea, count me in :lol

Darski - that scallop wrap would make a great project for a Van Gogh, you may have to add more rows to it to get your colors all in...that would still be okay for that pattern.

Becky - your straight ripple is fabulous ....For adults the RR is not so good...the SR is better for beds and the RR is for kids beds....good work and great color scheme....

Love all your work - Happy 4th of July to you all!!!!!!!!:clap

I just finished my American Flag in time for the holiday - yeah.

Pardon me for asking, but did you say you were going to stare at a charming Lumberjack? Good idea, count me in :lol

Well yeah... isn't that how you get them ? :think

I'll go fix that now :blush

:rofl

Darski, where do I look to find a handsome lumberjack to stare at? Huh? Huh? Come on, share your secret. I haven't stared at a hunk in a long time. It would probably be even better if he stared back. What do you think? :lol :lol :lol

Darski, where do I look to find a handsome lumberjack to stare at? Huh? Huh? Come on, share your secret. I haven't stared at a hunk in a long time. It would probably be even better if he stared back. What do you think? :lol :lol :lol

It is true that there has been a major dearth of lumberjacks (handsome or otherwise) around anymore. it is one of the signs of a declining society... well I think it is... must be... right?

Therefore, one would not wish to share any sources of lumberjacks that one might (or might not) know about.

It is true that there has been a major dearth of lumberjacks (handsome or otherwise) around anymore. it is one of the signs of a declining society... well I think it is... must be... right?

Therefore, one would not wish to share any sources of lumberjacks that one might (or might not) know about.

Oh, poo! Shame on you for not sharing.:(

I have a handsome lumberjack husband and I stare at him all the time. Oh but usually it is with a perplexed expression, and usually follows with something like, 'honey what exactly are you doing now?' (he always is building "projects" in the garage, and we never know what they are until he is nearly done...

Happy 4th of July everybody:manyheart

I thought I would post the pic of the Shawl I did. I did add an extra pattern repeat (expanded in keeping with the pattern) for length.

BACK

LMfan4.jpg

FRONT

LMfan1.jpg

The colour in bottom pic is a pretty fair representation of what I used - at least on my monitor it is :wlol

Hi, I just joined, but I've been lurking around, watching this CAL since May/June-ish and I really liked the idea so much that I did start a giant granny square using this technique. I think I'm almost done, but I haven't touched it in a while since the yarn tangled and I couldn't get the knot out. Very frustrating!

I really love everyone's work, all the pictures are very beautiful! Hopefully I will figure out how to post pictures soon, so I can post a picture of mine. :)

Welcome to the 'ville and this CAL, Ali!!:hug

This technique is lots of fun - and about that knot: just cut out the knot and rejoin the yarn as you work the stitches as if you were doing a color change.

Clear as mud??

Welcome, Alianora! Glad to have you join both Crochetville and our CAL!! :welcome As you've seen while lurking, we have a lot of fun here and the support is great.

Darski, that's lovely!:yay:cheer:yay

Lucky, lucky Jill. You have your very own handsome lumberjack.:yay

Welcome to the 'ville and this CAL, Ali!!:hug

This technique is lots of fun - and about that knot: just cut out the knot and rejoin the yarn as you work the stitches as if you were doing a color change.

Clear as mud??

Yeah, I've been thinking that I'll have to cut it... I was hoping to avoid that! Oh well...

Thanks for the welcome Judy and Linda T! One of the reasons I joined is that everyone seems so nice.:)

Hi there and welcome to you, Allison! :hi I know you will just love this group of ladies in here on this CAL! They are all really nice and are true fiber artists! I think most of the people on crochetville are artists..:artist they make such fun and unique things. I am in AWE of the cathedral window cal.. am thinking of giving it a whirl.. am working my courage to try it..

Darski, just love the shawl, and the color too.. wow that's just so pretty. I have never made a shawl..well, actually, uhm I did try a shrug once and must have not got the sizing right as it looked like the start of an afghan..:laughroll

Archived