Maybe the wrong place, but, WANTED POSTCARDS***TY'** ADDED : )

I have a "craft room" and in it I have a large OLD wooden desk that I recieved from a Nun when I worked at the Fransican Convent Infirmary, she was a retired teacher, and it was her desk for many years, it is wood,and needs help, okay I want to Decopage it in post cards from all over, that way I can think of all the great places my crochet friends/partners are while planning on and working on my works at my desk. SO, my secret pal Janet, AuntBubbles, sent me a couple New York post cards, and a brooklyn one, BEAUTIFUL, and I recieved a Wyoming one with my alzhiemers squares from a special lady, so what I am WONDERING, would anyone be willing to send me a post card from thier state? If you want, I would send you a postage stamp in return? I don't have loads of money,or time to make everyone things in return, soooooooooo here I am, asking if you would be willing to send me a postcard from your state, thank you, if you need my addy, just PM me,

and if I put this in the wrong spot, I appologize proffusly.

:hug

JoAnn

Hello friends!! I am starting to recieve post cards!! Woo Hooo and SOoooooooooooo beautiful!! I have recieved post cards from (and If I don't have your name I am so sorry, I am just looking fast to post here so no one feels I have forgotten them)

Illinois-KathyB (nittany168)

Wisconsin-KellyA

Kentucky-Dawn, Mikkki

Wyoming-Catheryn

Colorado-Ellen

I will add to this list as I recieve more, they are ALL so lovely!! I feel like I am getting home fromn a trip when I get home from work and see the mail, post cards, I can hardly wait to get the desk done in them!! TY TY TY ALL!!

Florida!! Tammy

North Dakota-Midds, its LOVELY deary!!

Michigan-Catcrazy, Julie

Nebraska!!! Lovely too, but I dont know your name..sorry "E"

Most beautiful ones all the way from Australia!! From Mandy76!!

Canada!!!! Niecycrochets, wow!!TY

Nevada and Oregon from Vonnie, soooo lovely!!

Ireliand!!! Karen, TY!!!

More More More!!

New Zeland-LOFVE them, and the stamp, too cool!! TY

New England And Massachusetts, ty Kris, they are lovely!!

And I think I forgot to add this one from ealier in the week, or was that last week now..

New York-TY SmokayP81!!

I can't tell you ladies enough how much this means to me!! PLEASE PLEASE fogive me for lagging in posting this. I am so busy, some of you may have read, I have a son in prison, drugs, he is getting out in less than two weeks now, so I have been working my tail off at work for some extra hours, and working here at home to get stuff ready for him, as he has no clothes, and he is 6 foot 7 with size 15 shoes, NOT easy to find basement bargins for him at goodwill. I am trying to help give him a fair shot at life when he gets out. Pray for me. And THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!! This desk is going to be sooo cool, because of you all!!!! HUGS HUGS HUGS

todays mail call 5/14/07

OliveOil, Cris, sent me 6!!!they are all lovely!! TY TY TY

KnicKnack-South Carolina, yours of the porch, it makes me wish I was sitting there!!

and last but NOT leaste today

Momw/amotif-how lovely Garden of the Gods, how beautiful!!!!!

UPDATE<

Yammy, it got HERE!! It musta took donley express hu?? BUT it was so worth the wait! TY!!

TexasRedHead, thank you!! Lovely!!!

I am priming the desk now, I couldnt possibly show it in the before pics..lol...it was a mess, had SEVERAL different colors of paint on it..lol

thank you all, this is going to be so awsome!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh how happy I was to open my PM box just now, I replied to everyone who PM'd me for my addy, and YES I would LOVE international ones also if you would be so generous!! What a GREAT group of freinds here!!

If you need my addy, please just PM me, I work today until 11pm tonight, but will get back to you after work!! Oh thank you friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug :hug :hug

I've PM'd you as well. I can send postcards from Colorado, Denver, Rocky Mountain National Park etc. Do you want them in an envelope or mailed so you have the postmarks?

I've PM'd you as well. I can send postcards from Colorado, Denver, Rocky Mountain National Park etc. Do you want them in an envelope or mailed so you have the postmarks?

I can send from Oregon and Nevada.......Yes do you want them new, or mailed??:yay

Oh thank you ALL so much!! I just got done PM'ing everyone back with my addy. Just mail them is fine, AND if you wish, I would send you one back from Iowa here, the great Mississippi River is right here where I live, just say on the post card you would like one! How cool would that be?

Make sure you add your return addy so I can send you a stamp for doing this for me!!! I am so excited, I have never traveled anywhere in my life, so this will be like a picture vacation for me too!! I just told my hubby about it, and he said what a great idea for my desk, and to recieve them from you all!! TY a MILLION times!! Oh, I bet my mail man will be thanking us too....:lol

I will MOST deffinatly post pictures of the finished desk, I will try to take a picture of it tommorow in its raw form...beware, it is ugly..lol...but I will turn it into a princess!!! :c9

joann, i can send you some from washington, we have a ton of places for people tosee, seattle, tacoma, mtr rainier. the narrows bridge(you will understand when i send it,) but was wondering since i want to send u more than a couple would it be alright if i send them all in a envelope that way saving postgae or do you want them postmarked. get ready for a onslaught from washington state LOL please pm me your addy once again since i am not sure if i still have it, this is fun and yes would love one in return:hug:hug:hug

Can I send you one from Italy?

Riohnna, I didn't make this initial request for a postcard, but I love postcards, too, and would love one from Italy! :D

I'm so glad your going to take pics when you get them all that way we can take a postcard trip with you lol. I haven't gotten to the store yet so i'll be mailing mine in a few days. :D. I'd love one back to. I never go anywhere lol. so would be neat to see your part of the world also.

Oh thank you thank you thank you all!! I "BELIEVE" I have PM'd everyone so far now with my addy, if you didn't get it, please PM me. I am so THRILLED!! It doesn't matter if you want to mail them in an envelope or just plain out mail it as a post card, as I wont be able to get both sides to show on my desk anyways , but I am going to find a way to include the international stamps into my desk theame!!!

We are heading out to the river soon today as I speak, got the cooler packed with soda and sandwiches, my crochet bag packed with my blanket project, and the lawn chairs in the trunk!! It is 65 degrees right now and should get into the 70's so it will be a beautiful day, hubby has his binoculars, and he will bird watch, and snoop to see if the fishermen on the boats are catching anything..lol...

but I will return this evening. thank you all from the BOTTOM of my heart!!

Many blessings to you all!!

JoAnn :manyheart

I purchased your postcard today and it will be otw to you monday. :D. You'll have to excuse my bad writing. Of course i'd write sloppy when the whiteout just don't wanna work right lol. Hope you like the one i picked out for you.

So when you see one that says Dawn Spencer that's me lol . :D or just look for the white out one . :D

I just mailed out your postcards. I had a hard time picking so I sent 3, one is from Offutt Air Force Base and the others are Nebraska.

I took all of my mom's Hawaii postcards and laquered them onto a bamboo serving tray and it was a fun project (but time consuming)! Can't wait to see your desk when it is all finished!

Archived