Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Earlier this week I started a Christmas round ripple. I'll keep everyone updated.

What pattern are you using? COlors? Herrchners has a kit for 20 bucks. I wonder about the quality of the yarn and ease of the pattern:think

Quick Question

Has anyone bought the baby round ripple for Herrschners?

If so, please post comments on ease of pattern, yarn etc. Is it worth the price?

I haven't bought anything like that from them in years, so can't help.

I bought the big round ripple from them but both of them came out wavy, doesnt lay flat. I have been using Lynn's round ripple to do some projects for someone at work they turned out wonderful. Havent tried AGGie Mays yet but will soon.

What pattern are you using? COlors? Herrchners has a kit for 20 bucks. I wonder about the quality of the yarn and ease of the pattern:think

I'm using the pattern that used to be on the Sew On Fire website. The yarn is RedHeart Super Saver yarn that I bought many, many years ago -- a Christmas variegated, Hot Red and Paddy Green.

Quick Question

Has anyone bought the baby round ripple for Herrschners?

If so, please post comments on ease of pattern, yarn etc. Is it worth the price?

I've not bought any kits or patterns from Herrschners. From other people, I have heard that the yarn in their kits is not good, but I have no personal knowledge about it.

I am working on a Round Ripple baby afghan from hersschners and I don't know if I did something wrong (I don't think I did) but the blanket won't stay flat. It's really wavy in the middle and won't lay flat no matter what I do. I was hoping if I kept adding more weight to it that eventually it would flatten out but no such luck! Has this happened to anybody else?

Many of the RR patterns I've seen say to work 2 runds small shell then 2 rounds large shell. I've also have one that says 2 rounds large 1 round small.

What does this pattern read?

Also how much of each color yarn was supplied? I was wondering if it was a good price or should I just get some red heart ?

Thanks

I am working on a Round Ripple baby afghan from hersschners and I don't know if I did something wrong (I don't think I did) but the blanket won't stay flat. It's really wavy in the middle and won't lay flat no matter what I do. I was hoping if I kept adding more weight to it that eventually it would flatten out but no such luck! Has this happened to anybody else?

How large to you plan on making it and how much of each color do you have? I hearn the Christmas varigated is hard to find.

Thanks

I'm using the pattern that used to be on the Sew On Fire website. The yarn is RedHeart Super Saver yarn that I bought many, many years ago -- a Christmas variegated, Hot Red and Paddy Green.

How large to you plan on making it and how much of each color do you have? I hearn the Christmas varigated is hard to find.

Thanks

The Christmas variegated I am using was bought years ago when it was still an 8 ounce skein - that tells you how long ago it was. I don't think they make it any more.

I always overbuy and don't keep track of hpw much I use:blush

Crochet Dad probably knows.

But I would buy the RHSS or Caron One pounders for value. The 12 point RR I've made has 2 large shells and one small shell, alternating. Maybe the wavy problem is because the stitches in the valley weren't skipped?

I just finished this last night. Love the way it turned out. I will be using this patternagain. This one doesn't have a home yet, but I think it may be my next donation to project linus. It is done in bernat baby coordinates pink and sweet pink and a "g" hook. It is 43 inches point to point. The border is a hdc shell edge that I think finishes it off nicely. Next rr I already have in mind, will be using this pattern again with caron ss in black and autumn red. Thanks for looking and happy stitching!!

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0367.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0368.jpg

Very pretty!!!

Hi, thought I'd join in now that I finished my first round ripple. I started Sat. & finished this evening. The baby blanket is for my best friend from high school. I used Vanna's Choice yarn, in chocolate, linen, & dusty blue. My friend picked the colors since she knows she is having a boy & didn't want something real baby looking. :think

I used this pattern:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?grpId=3659174697252379&articleId=281474977275501

post-28944-135897435569_thumb.jpg

post-28944-135897435574_thumb.jpg

Earlier this week I started a Christmas round ripple. I'll keep everyone updated.

Waiting, waiting, tapping finger- :lol

Sorry, I have little patience.

I just finished this last night. Love the way it turned out. I will be using this patternagain. This one doesn't have a home yet, but I think it may be my next donation to project linus. It is done in bernat baby coordinates pink and sweet pink and a "g" hook. It is 43 inches point to point. The border is a hdc shell edge that I think finishes it off nicely. Next rr I already have in mind, will be using this pattern again with caron ss in black and autumn red. Thanks for looking and happy stitching!!

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0367.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0368.jpg

So pretty- wherever it ends up it will be well loved. :yes

I think I'm about ready to start a second, I have a long way to go to keep up with you. :lol

Hi, thought I'd join in now that I finished my first round ripple. I started Sat. & finished this evening. The baby blanket is for my best friend from high school. I used Vanna's Choice yarn, in chocolate, linen, & dusty blue. My friend picked the colors since she knows she is having a boy & didn't want something real baby looking. :think

I used this pattern:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?grpId=3659174697252379&articleId=281474977275501

Your RR is fantastic :cheer, so generous of you to gift it.

So pretty- wherever it ends up it will be well loved. :yes

I think I'm about ready to start a second, I have a long way to go to keep up with you. :lol

It doesn't take long at all. And since they are highly addictive, it's very easy to do several quickly. I didn't realize I have done that many until I started looking through my pics.

It doesn't take long at all. And since they are highly addictive, it's very easy to do several quickly. I didn't realize I have done that many until I started looking through my pics.

Me, too - the amount of RRs I've made rival the number of graph ghans on my blog:lol

I used this pattern:

Very pretty!:clap

I couldn't sleep last night so I started working on this pattern.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977417819&grpId=3659174697252379&nav=Groupspace

I started with Vanna's Choice baby in the color Duckie and then for the petals I am using two strands of Bernet Baby Jacquards Berries & Cream. It is really giving the blanket a pretty tie-died affect. I am on round 10.