Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I always seem to have one or more RRs in process these days!

This first one is in RHSS Amethyst & white, 12-pt Sew on Fire pattern:

post-5630-135897436147_thumb.jpg

And this second one is CrochetDad's 9-pt ripple done in double-strand RHSS with N hook:

post-5630-135897436139_thumb.jpg

Edited by msmusic
additional attachments showing as thumbnails

Norma,

Very nice!

I always seem to have one or more RRs in process these days!

This first one is in RHSS Amethyst & white, 12-pt Sew on Fire pattern:

[ATTACH]6761[/ATTACH]

And this second one is CrochetDad's 9-pt ripple done in double-strand RHSS with N hook:

[ATTACH]6759[/ATTACH]

Norma and Judy, those are all marvelous! I love the color contrast in them.

I have one in torquoise and light pink that is about halfway done now.

Thanks!

I love turquoise...that should be gorgeous!

Hi, thought I'd join in now that I finished my first round ripple. I started Sat. & finished this evening. The baby blanket is for my best friend from high school. I used Vanna's Choice yarn, in chocolate, linen, & dusty blue. My friend picked the colors since she knows she is having a boy & didn't want something real baby looking. :think

I used this pattern:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?grpId=3659174697252379&articleId=281474977275501

Very nice you did a great job on your first RR we will look forward to seeing more of your work ;-)

I posted this over on the regular show-and-tell, and thought you nice folks who didn't see it would like to see another Round Ripple :lol ... if you've already seen it, I apologize for the excess posting.

9-pointed round ripple in baby size: Approximately 46 inches

This time, the edge is (what I call) a modified sedge stitch: sc, dc in same stitch, sk 1, repeat. Points are sc, ch 3, sc in chain 2 loop of previous round.

Simply Soft Yarn in 4 shades of blue with off-white, bone, and 2 shades of green in the center.

Again, Aggie May's wonderful 9-pointed round ripple pattern.

post-13211-135897436883_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897436886_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897436888_thumb.jpg

I posted this over on the regular show-and-tell, and thought you nice folks who didn't see it would like to see another Round Ripple :lol ... if you've already seen it, I apologize for the excess posting.

9-pointed round ripple in baby size: Approximately 46 inches

This time, the edge is (what I call) a modified sedge stitch: sc, dc in same stitch, sk 1, repeat. Points are sc, ch 3, sc in chain 2 loop of previous round.

Simply Soft Yarn in 4 shades of blue with off-white, bone, and 2 shades of green in the center.

Again, Aggie May's wonderful 9-pointed round ripple pattern.

It is just beautiful!!! I love the way you put the colors together. Very nice work.

It is just beautiful!!! I love the way you put the colors together. Very nice work.

Thanks! I think the center gives it some "POP!"

Gene, that is really beautiful! Great color combo:yes

You used only one strand this time...right?

Yes, only one strand - that's two in a row with only one strand. I wanted a lighter fabric for the baby blanket.

Yes, only one strand - that's two in a row with only one strand. I wanted a lighter fabric for the baby blanket.

The only baby RR I've done with 2 strands is with Homespun and a larger hook - it came out more lightweight that way, That, or sportweight would be okay with 2....that's on my WIM list.

The only baby RR I've done with 2 strands is with Homespun and a larger hook - it came out more lightweight that way, That, or sportweight would be okay with 2....that's on my WIM list.

Larger hook works - I used a K hook for this one.

CrochetDad What brand of yarn do you use? You always have such wonderful colors when you do your RR.

Thanks!

The yarn is Caron Simply Soft in 4 shades of blue (I don't have the names right now) with off-white, bone, and 2 shades of green in the center.

Here is the baby blanket I started on Wednesday.

I started with Vanna's Choice baby in the color Duckie and then for the petals I am using two strands of Bernet Baby Jacquards Berries & Cream. (3 skeins) It is really giving the blanket a pretty tie-died affect. It is 36 inches from tip to tip.

I used this pattern:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.ac...nav=Groupspace

post-28944-135897437468_thumb.jpg

I started with Vanna's Choice baby in the color Duckie and then for the petals I am using two strands of Bernet Baby Jacquards Berries & Cream. (3 skeins) It is really giving the blanket a pretty tie-died affect. It is 36 inches from tip to tip.

I used this pattern:

Beautiful! I love the yarn and the pattern.

Simply Gorgeous, I love those colors. I miay have to make this for myself.

I used this pattern:

I used this pattern:

I love the effect the different colors have...it's really beautiful!