Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Very pretty!

Here is the baby blanket I started on Wednesday.

I started with Vanna's Choice baby in the color Duckie and then for the petals I am using two strands of Bernet Baby Jacquards Berries & Cream. (3 skeins) It is really giving the blanket a pretty tie-died affect. It is 36 inches from tip to tip.

I used this pattern:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.ac...nav=Groupspace

I started with Vanna's Choice baby in the color Duckie and then for the petals I am using two strands of Bernet Baby Jacquards Berries & Cream. (3 skeins) It is really giving the blanket a pretty tie-died affect. It is 36 inches from tip to tip.

I used this pattern:

Very nice, I like the variegated in it.

I used this pattern:

Oh my, this is pretty.:applause Reminds me of a big fluffy peony. :rose Just beautiful.

If this CAL is still active, I'd like to join. I just started a Spiderman RR last week. My son will be turning 4 in September and his favorite superhero is Spiderman. I hope to have the blanket finished in time for his birthday.

If this CAL is still active, I'd like to join. I just started a Spiderman RR last week. My son will be turning 4 in September and his favorite superhero is Spiderman. I hope to have the blanket finished in time for his birthday.

Yep - still active. I tried to visit your blog at

but Blogger says it doesn't exist...(typo?)

I imagine there are several people working on RR's right now, myself included :yes so jump on in and post away!

Can't wait to see your RR. :cheer

Lisa,

I just joined today and was doing a search for Christmas ripple afghans, and I found yours here with the split, to be used as a tree skirt no doubt. I noticed that you said that the pattern belonged to someone named "Lyn." Could you tell me how I'd be able to find Lyn's original pattern for this afghan, without the split? I did a search on Google for Christmas ripple afghans, but I only found a couple but didn't like them as much as I do your design with the Christmas colors. :)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seasoned round ripplers will have this done in no time!!

DCP_5815.jpg

Materials:

7 oz. White, appx. 4 oz. each Green & Red, appx. 1 1/2 oz. Verigated

size K hook

Row 1. With Green ch 15, dc into the 3rd ch and across, (13 dc).

Row 2. ch 3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in each st across (26).

Row 3: ch 2, *skip next st, 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc in next st (V-st made). repeat across from * ending with hdc in same sp as ch 3. (12 V-st)

Row 4: ch 2, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 5: ch 2, * skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Row 6: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in next ch 2 sp, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 7: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc (this is a small shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 8: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc (this is a large shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Alternate Rows 7 & 8. Color scheme is 5 rows green - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows red - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows green. The last row will be a small shell row. Replace the small shell with 2 dc-picot(ch3, sl st in first ch) 2 dc. This makes the points very pointy.

With 2 strands of green, make a ch 12-14 inches long and weave through the dc's in row 1 to tie it in place on the tree.

Correction on row 5

Row 5: ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, *2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Thanks Wendy for catching it!

Yep - still active. I tried to visit your blog at

but Blogger says it doesn't exist...(typo?)

Not a typo, but I do need to take that out of my signature! I took the blog down after I had my second son. I just don't have time to update it anymore. Too bad, though, I was hilarious if I do say so myself. (And I do say so.) :-)

I finished one last week. i posted it in the afghan show &tell so here's the link http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1830108#post1830108 I used the edging that crochet dad explained and it turned out beautiful.

It IS beautiful!:clap

I'm almost done -- just a few more rows to go.

The weather must be breaking as I see a lot more afghans being posted these days.

I can't wait to see your Christmas Ripple :sheepxmas- maybe it will lend some inspiration.

BTW, your blog is funny. Enjoyed the dishcloth photos and the yarn stories! :rofl

This RR is about 42 inches across and going to Fisher House at Ft. Bragg.

The blues I used were from my stash: Blue #886; Delft Blue; Lt. Perwinkle

post-8552-13589744062_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd share what I did over my summer vacation. Remind you I had a broken ankle and was in a cast for 6 weeks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17682207@N02/sets/72157622140038684/

Wow, you made great use of yout time. Sorry about your ankle though!

This RR is about 42 inches across and going to Fisher House at Ft. Bragg.

The blues I used were from my stash: Blue #886; Delft Blue; Lt. Perwinkle

Love the colors of this RR. Very pretty!