Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

this is a round ripple i finished a little while ago. i love it. i am really loving round ripples.

this one is a baby blanket. it's not very baby.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/dinah34134/roundripple2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/dinah34134/roundripple3.jpg

Bright colors are great for babies! I do lots of non tradtional baby ghans:yes

this is a round ripple i finished a little while ago. i love it. i am really loving round ripples.

this one is a baby blanket. it's not very baby.

I think the bright colors are great for a baby blanket. Aren't Round Ripples fun?

I have done a couple, and am now on one for ME ME ME ME mine will be the same as the greens one....I will post it when I am done...3 rows left!!! Here are the other two I did, I HAVE done more than that, but these are the pics I have..and by the way, you all are doing a WONDERFUL JOB!!

post-7197-135897409947_thumb.jpg

post-7197-13589740995_thumb.jpg

Love, love, love all the recent additions. And, I love coming here to see what everyone is doing because each and every RR is different and wonderful :).

I'm working feverishly to finish one this weekend for my oldest daughter. I've got until August 1st, her birthday, but it's a 72" one and is getting way to hot and humid to work on it!

Love, love, love all the recent additions. And, I love coming here to see what everyone is doing because each and every RR is different and wonderful :).

I'm working feverishly to finish one this weekend for my oldest daughter. I've got until August 1st, her birthday, but it's a 72" one and is getting way to hot and humid to work on it!

Drape it over the end of a sofa...table or chair. I've heard the same thig from others and that's what they do. You'll get there!:cheer

I am still in. I just finished one yesterday and starting another one today after I write this. I have make many of these blanket, but never make one for myself. This one is for me.

Hey all. I have a question about Rnd 5 in the Lyn's Round Ripple Pattern....

it says:

Rnd 5: sl st into st, ch3,*2dc-ch2-2dc in the ch2 sp, 1dc in next dc, skip 2dc, 1dc in next st. repeat from * around. join.

the part i'm a little confused about is the bolded part :think

I'm confused about where exactly the dc is.... what are the dc's that you put the 1 in and skip 2....

I hope I explained it well enough. I'm probably having a duh moment but I'm newer and I really want to learn how to do this :yay

Hey all. I have a question about Rnd 5 in the Lyn's Round Ripple Pattern....

it says:

Rnd 5: sl st into st, ch3,*2dc-ch2-2dc in the ch2 sp, 1dc in next dc, skip 2dc, 1dc in next st. repeat from * around. join.

the part i'm a little confused about is the bolded part :think

I'm confused about where exactly the dc is.... what are the dc's that you put the 1 in and skip 2....

I hope I explained it well enough. I'm probably having a duh moment but I'm newer and I really want to learn how to do this :yay

Just look at that part as the mirror image of the point: until I got used to the pattern I counted the DCs I made on each side of the point...in this case you have a DC on each side of the large shell (the point).

Your hook just goes in under the 2 threads of the TOP of the DC in the previous row as you would if you were working on any other piece. Make sure you've skipped the 2 DCs at the "bottom"

I hope I didn't just confuse you further:think

Well, it's on hold. I changed up the amount of rows in the sage mary and of course, ran out and I'm only about 7 rows shy of finishing :sigh Have ordered the :yarn and just waiting for it to arrive so I can complete this one.

Monica, this is the third 72" one I've made :lol I did one for my grandson, one for my youngest dd and this one is for my oldest dd. One day, I'll do one for ME! :lol

lol is it supposed to be a little ruffely on rnd 6?

>.>

Mine weren't....check your rows. You should be alternating the large and small shells in this sequence: one large (2 DC, ch2, 2 DC) with 2 row with small shells (1 DC, 2ch, 1 DC)

If I remember correctly...it's early, and I don't have the pattern in front of me.

Also , make sure you have the same number of DCs on each side of the points.

Better frogging now than later. :D

This is the latest RR that I have done. I'm going to take a break from them just long enough to get some other projects done. Then I will do some more. I have already bought the yarn for three more!

post-6188-135897413055_thumb.jpg

post-6188-135897413059_thumb.jpg

Another pretty ripple from June-

I loved your last one, in green, yellow and the hombre. It inspired me to finally try my hand at one and it is almost finished.

What pattern are you using that starts right off the bat with 12 points if I may ask?

TFS!

Shelley

Another pretty ripple from June-

I loved your last one, in green, yellow and the hombre. It inspired me to finally try my hand at one and it is almost finished.

What pattern are you using that starts right off the bat with 12 points if I may ask?

TFS!

Shelley

Thank you!

I am using Aggie May's pattern. If you pm her, she will send you her pattern. She is so wonderful and generous to share it with us!

I'm happy to report that I FINALLY have a picture of my finished Round Ripple. We have it draped over a chair in the living room.

post-2792-135897413559_thumb.jpg

Thank you all so much!

I got the yarn from Herrschners. It's Lighthouse Ocean Sunset Ombre Yarn in Mulberry. It's a chunky yarn, so I used a K hook.