Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I want to make a round ripple but can't really afford to buy yarn. Would a scrappy round ripple look ok, or should it really be coordinated?

A scrappy RR would be just beautiful! That is the great thing about RRs, they look so fabulous in any color and each one looks completely different. I say 'go for it'! And be sure to post it when you are finished, I would love to see how it turns out!

A scrappy RR would be just beautiful! That is the great thing about RRs, they look so fabulous in any color and each one looks completely different. I say 'go for it'! And be sure to post it when you are finished, I would love to see how it turns out!

I think it would look great too. I'm doing one but it is a Hexagon and it looks good and i'm just useing what ever i have. I'm just grabbing in the bag of scraps and wala thats what the next round is lol. I think they turn out very pretty. Good luck!!

I want to make a round ripple but can't really afford to buy yarn. Would a scrappy round ripple look ok, or should it really be coordinated?

I made one from leftovers....came out great! Go for it!:cheer

Shellie,

It can be any yarn you have to use...I am making one with a "Magic Ball" of all small scraps that I got in an ebay auction a long time ago. most were maybe 10 yds at most...it is making a "joseph's technicolor" afghan...I love it but will have to dig it out of the ufo closet to show you all.

Here's my 1st Baby RR. It's ILTY 2 skeins each white & perwinkle, 2 strands w/ a M hook. It's 45" point to point. The shower is Aug 9th.

post-27033-135897425852_thumb.jpg

It's really very girly, the pic looks blue instead of perwinkle.

Thanks for looking!

Gorgeous! :clapI love periwinkle....and also forgot how fast they can work up using the 2 strands! I think that will be in my future:yes

I will be joining this CAL as soon as I get my yarn in the mail that I ordered. I am going to be selling my finished RRs at my art festival. Is $150 to much to charge?

Depends...on the size of the ghan, the yarn you used...and the demographics of your atendees. Are they young families....college students.

You have to take all that into consideration.

It's hard getting your money back on these - esp when considering the time it takes.

I have been looking at all the wonderful pictures of your RR. I wonder if possible that you can post the yarn brand, color and round count with the photos? Such as ;

Red Heart SS

COlors A, B, C

Pattern used : R1-4 CA/5-7CB/ 8-12 CC (repeat)

I think this would be helpful to newbies and oldbie like me who has trouble "seeing" a pattern.

I have been looking at all the wonderful pictures of your RR. I wonder if possible that you can post the yarn brand, color and round count with the photos? Such as ;

Red Heart SS

COlors A, B, C

Pattern used : R1-4 CA/5-7CB/ 8-12 CC (repeat)

I think this would be helpful to newbies and oldbie like me who has trouble "seeing" a pattern.

It's Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn, Periwinkle & White. I think I did:

Center: 6 rows w/ 1 strand of each color

2 rows of white

6 rows of perwinkle

4 rows of white

1 row of perwinkle

then a SC border of both (I like a HDC border, but I was running out of yarn).

It really doesn't matter the pattern of the rows; I've not seen a RR yet that wasn't beautiful!

Here's the latest one that someone asked me to make for a friend of theirs:

post-5630-135897427266_thumb.jpg

It's Bernat Softee Baby - and boy, is it soft! I love working with this yarn, but you have to take your time because it tends to split when working with it. Don't try to make anything in a hurry with it! :lol

Oh, Norma, that's gorgeous!:clap I also know what you mean about the yarn splitting:P

But the final product is definitely worth it!

very nicely done Norma. good color choices and arrangement. That yarn gives a great finished product, so soft. I have found that it doesn't split as much if you double strand it. So, if you are working with a deadline, double strand = less splitting and fast workup because of the larger hook size.:)

This is a 36 inch RR

I used the pattern from the 6>12>24 RR CAL with an H hook (will go bigger next time) RHSS Bright Yellow, RHSS White and Caron one pounder in orange.:hook

post-8552-135897428862_thumb.jpg