Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I'm actually working on one right now - pics in a few days.

Thanks for asking.

Looking forward to seeing it - I really love the ones you've made with more than one strand of yarn.

Looking forward to seeing it - I really love the ones you've made with more than one strand of yarn.

The one I'm working on is a single strand (rare for me), but I'm itching to do a multiple strand one again.

A quick preview:

post-13211-135897429053_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrochetDad

I haven't made a 2 str RR in over a year:eek It's been on my mind, though - great way to use up sport and baby weight yarn.

The one I'm working on is a single strand (rare for me), but I'm itching to do a multiple strand one again.

A quick preview:

[ATTACH]5617[/ATTACH]

That's really nice - soothing colors, too.

Crochetdad, I LOVE your 9 point RR pattern, Its so easy and I don't have to keep stopping at the peaks to figure out if I need 3dcs or 2 dcs. Can this same idea of 2dcs at the peaks each round be used on other RR patterns? I like to crochet 6, and 12 RRs

Thanks. Love the current project!

Crochetdad, I LOVE your 9 point RR pattern, Its so easy and I don't have to keep stopping at the peaks to figure out if I need 3dcs or 2 dcs. Can this same idea of 2dcs at the peaks each round be used on other RR patterns? I like to crochet 6, and 12 RRs

Thanks. Love the current project!

The pattern is based on Aggie May's 9-point Round Ripple pattern she made at my request (thanks Colleen). I distribute it for free with her permission.

Gene....do you have a written version of your 9 point RR? I was making the 12 point alot but didn't want that constant up and down - 9 point sounds good!

Judy - send me an email and I'll send you the link - Crochetville is very sensitive about advertising here, so I don't want to get in trouble by posting the link here. Send me an email by clicking on my username, then click "Send email..."

Judy - send me an email and I'll send you the link - Crochetville is very sensitive about advertising here, so I don't want to get in trouble by posting the link here. Send me an email by clicking on my username, then click "Send email..."

I just remembered - the pattern is listed on CrochetPatternCentral.com on this page:

Look for "Nine-Pointed Star Round Ripple Afghan"

Enjoy!

Hey Gene ~ Love the RR you're working on! Can you tell me what yarn and what colors you are using? They look so good together!

Thanks!

Caron One Pound in Lace (light), Taupe (medium) and Wintuk Nutmeg (dark).

They look "earthy" to me.

I've finished the 9-pointed round ripple, so I thought I'd show it off. Colors are Caron One Pond Lace and Taupe and Caron Wintuk Nutmeg.

All double crochet except the last two rows - one row of extended single crochet and the border is sedge stitch [(sc, dc, dc) in same stitch, skip 2] repeat with chain three points. Thanks for looking!

post-13211-135897430115_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897430128_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrochetDad

Gene, very nice!:clap I also like that border... a lot!

I've been using the rev hdc for mine...need to write your idea down, though, for my next border.

Gene, very nice!:clap I also like that border... a lot!

I've been using the rev hdc for mine...need to write your idea down, though, for my next border.

Thanks - I've got your version of the border on my queue. :hook

Gene, that's fabulous! I really like the 'earthy' colors, it really changes the whole look of it. I like how your border turned out as well.

Thanks! I think the colors gives it a "guy" look. :yes

Gene, nice colors, very stunning! Thanks for sharing how you finished yours off.

Thanks! I've used this border (or a version of it) on most of my RRs - I think it gives it a nice look.

Edited by CrochetDad

Crochetdad,

Love your latest ripple, I am a big fan of earthtone colors!! This one reminds me of coffee (the way I like it, with lots of cream). I am currently working on a 9 point using the pattern you posted the link to. Loving how it is working out. I am a fan of your work, love the red/black faded round ripple (I want to try something like that for my next round ripple, just love the effect). Sorry for rambling,:blush Nice job on that rr, good color choice and flow, and the edging is great too!