Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Hello! I'd like to join in your CAL. I'm currently doing my first round ripple. I'm using Joann's Sensations Rainbow Boucle because it has a nice color graduation effect. After the first 2 rows, the boucle didn't really bother me anymore as long as I know where to put my hook. This is going to be an end of the year teacher gift.

I made my first round ripple last night. It didn't lie as flat as I wanted. Found a cool trick, though. When I folded it in quarters I could see right away where the problem was. So now I know to start doing that earlier in the project. If you have a nice 90 degree angle, you know the afghan isn't getting too tight or too lose.

Is it addictive to do these? I think it might be!

I made my first round ripple last night. It didn't lie as flat as I wanted. Found a cool trick, though. When I folded it in quarters I could see right away where the problem was. So now I know to start doing that earlier in the project. If you have a nice 90 degree angle, you know the afghan isn't getting too tight or too lose.

nice tip!

I'm starting another one in kid size for a chariy. Using Homespun:c9

YES! You are now officially "hooked" on the RR....welcome to the craze!!!

Here are some RR's that I've recently completed for others. The first one is a double strand of Bernat Coordinates self-striping yarn. It was made for my great niece's arrival.

The second was made for my crochet pen pal from GA. It's done with a strand of 4-ply yarn, with 1 strand of fun fur, using an N hook.

The third one was crocheted for my grandson's wedding. The afghan is crocheted in the exact wedding colors. It is the 12-24 afghan pattern.

The final one was crocheted for my granddaughter's 16th birthday, using the double strand of 4-ply and fun fur.

Thank you for looking. This group has been a HUGE inspiration to ME!

post-4943-135897415472_thumb.jpg

post-4943-135897415477_thumb.jpg

post-4943-13589741548_thumb.jpg

post-4943-135897415483_thumb.jpg

Carol, I love the colors! Esp the last 2. Funny, your post came through as I;m sitting here working on a "girlie" RR....

All of them are beautiful! I have a couple of WIPS that I need to get out and then I will back on some more RRs. I have the yarn, I just need to get motivated to finish the other things...

wow now these are very cool.

Here are some RR's that I've recently completed for others. The first one is a double strand of Bernat Coordinates self-striping yarn. It was made for my great niece's arrival.

The second was made for my crochet pen pal from GA. It's done with a strand of 4-ply yarn, with 1 strand of fun fur, using an N hook.

The third one was crocheted for my grandson's wedding. The afghan is crocheted in the exact wedding colors. It is the 12-24 afghan pattern.

The final one was crocheted for my granddaughter's 16th birthday, using the double strand of 4-ply and fun fur.

Thank you for looking. This group has been a HUGE inspiration to ME!

[ATTACH]3125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3127[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3128[/ATTACH]

Carol, I like all your new arrivals, esp. the first one. I've always liked the Bernat Coordiates but try to avoid that fine of yarn. What a great idea, and what a lovely blanket!

here's another that I just finished in RHSS delft blue & ocean variegated:

[ATTACH]3256[/ATTACH]

Your afghan is very pretty , you did a great job. I'm glad you enjoyed the CAL there are so many great Ladies here. Thanks for sharing with us. Are you ready for another one :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Your afghan is very pretty , you did a great job. I'm glad you enjoyed the CAL there are so many great Ladies here. Thanks for sharing with us. Are you ready for another one :-)

Thank you! I am in the midst of making 6 more in various college colors for my nephew and other young folks we know from our churches - and a baby one that has been requested of me by mid-August. :lol Almost have the first college one done, and have queued up all the yarn thanks to some recent sales!

Will post as I finish them.

• 2 weeks later...
here's the most recent one for a college-bound teen:

[ATTACH]4284[/ATTACH]

And I've started the next one - it will be purple/white.

That is so pretty, someone will be

very happy when they go off to school. They are very lucky. You do very nice work. Can't wait to seethe next one.