Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Woopie!!!

It's great to see you all back in here agin. It looks like some of you have been pretty busy too :)

Mel your the greatest!!! Your always so willing to help us all when we need it. Thankyou so much. Your a great friend. :hug

Well we are beginning to see the yukie weather from the hurricane. We are getting rain today and it's dark and gloomy outside. It's ok , it just gives me a reason to crochet hehehehe.

Agin Ladies Great Job!!!!! I'm very proud of our CAL :yay

I have finally finished one of my RR WiPs!!

Watercolor RR Lapghan

2822478111_51436ecd6a_m.jpg

Here is a closeup of the border -- which I found the idea on here somewhere (*slip stitch, 5 dc in same stitch, skip next stitch*) I wanted a ruffly border b/c I think the giftee will really like it. It is definitely ruffly!

2823402390_e1a0a5864d_m.jpg

RHSS Watercolors, Frosty Green, Lt Sage

I Hook

46" point to point

Dewbaby, what yarn and colors did you chose? They are a fantastic combination!

The colors are turqua,cafe,coffee and earth sky red heart, I got alot done the last 2 days but will have to wait to do more over the weekend, because I work overnights and sleep till the kids get home from school so not much time to crochet during the week.

I have finally finished one of my RR WiPs!!

Watercolor RR Lapghan

2822478111_51436ecd6a_m.jpg

Here is a closeup of the border -- which I found the idea on here somewhere (*slip stitch, 5 dc in same stitch, skip next stitch*) I wanted a ruffly border b/c I think the giftee will really like it. It is definitely ruffly!

2823402390_e1a0a5864d_m.jpg

RHSS Watercolors, Frosty Green, Lt Sage

I Hook

46" point to point

I realllllly like those colors.:cheer I must not buy more yarn either.

:hook

I have a baby RR to finish, about how many rounds in total?I have to knock it out in 10days

I go by size: the smallest baby RR I've made was about 36 inches...many prefer over 40 inches.

If you use a bigger hook, and 2 strands, it goes faster :lol

Esp in Homespun...I used an M hook with the 2 of Homespun - could have gone smaller - and it did go very fast. If you have baby yarn, just use the 2 strands of that...

I love that yellow... is that double stranded by chance?

Cathy

Yep! Started with Caron SS in Off White, then went to RH Cornmeal (pretty sure it's RH :lol) and the yellow is something I got from Craigs List. The label says Sayers, which DBF says used to be a store around here close to 20 years ago :eek. The color is called California Poppy. I forget which hook I used, it was either an M or N, but I'm thinking it was M.

I still have more of the yellow, as well as the red and blue used on another, so I'm thinking another double strand with those three colors is on it's way :hook

Yep! Started with Caron SS in Off White, then went to RH Cornmeal (pretty sure it's RH :lol) and the yellow is something I got from Craigs List. The label says Sayers, which DBF says used to be a store around here close to 20 years ago :eek. The color is called California Poppy. I forget which hook I used, it was either an M or N, but I'm thinking it was M.

I still have more of the yellow, as well as the red and blue used on another, so I'm thinking another double strand with those three colors is on it's way :hook

My Desert Star is RHSS in cornmeal... I really like that shade of yellow I have a bunch of it left and was thinkin.....

I am making a round ripple in red heart blue shades, light blue, delft blue & blue & a Caron Soft white.

th_BluesRoundRippleAfghanWIP002First7R.jpg

th_BluesRoundRippleAfghanWIP003-1.jpg

It's been a long time since I have visited, I have had a rough summer, I passed out, outside, the back of my head hit a brick cut it open, & I also had a concussion, so I've taken it really easy, & try to stay in, & be still.

Your afghans look so great!!!

I am making a round ripple in red heart blue shades, light blue, delft blue & blue & a Caron Soft white.

It's been a long time since I have visited, I have had a rough summer, I passed out, outside, the back of my head hit a brick cut it open, & I also had a concussion, so I've taken it really easy, & try to stay in, & be still.

It's beautiful and I hope everything is going well with you know. Although, I suppose a plus to staying in more and taking it easy is more time for :crocheting:lol

Love the choice of your colours. Your work too is very neat. I have not yet attempted RR but am wanting to do it after seeing it here so many times and everyone sharing so much infomation.I think my nexy on going project will be RR.

I highly recommend Aggie May's pattern. It's super easy no matter what hook you use! And they go quicker than regular afghans, at least to me. :hook

Hi guys! I've never done a round ripple before but am going to start one (Aggie May's pattern) as a Christmas gift for my 20 year old sister. I'm going to use a single strand and an I hook. Can I ask how much yarn you've used on ghans sized for a full sized bed or so.

I know I've got 2 caron pounders in purples that would look nice together, but I'm not sure if 2 pounders would be enough.

Hi guys! I've never done a round ripple before but am going to start one (Aggie May's pattern) as a Christmas gift for my 20 year old sister. I'm going to use a single strand and an I hook. Can I ask how much yarn you've used on ghans sized for a full sized bed or so.

I know I've got 2 caron pounders in purples that would look nice together, but I'm not sure if 2 pounders would be enough.

That might not be enough. I did one in three colors, 2 greens and a cream and it fit my queen sized bed and I think I went through roughly not quite two skeins of each color. And I used the Caron Pounds too.

That might not be enough. I did one in three colors, 2 greens and a cream and it fit my queen sized bed and I think I went through roughly not quite two skeins of each color. And I used the Caron Pounds too.

Thanks! I'll go and get more of them before I start.

Carol,

I'm so sorry to here about your fall. I hope everything is ok and your feeling better. It's never to much fun to be down during the summer. I do hope your doing better. I will keep you in my prayers. May God be watching over you. hugzzzzzzzzzz

Your RR is very pretty!!!