Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

free-happy-smileys-295.gif Hi Judy free-happy-smileys-295.gif

I am still plugging away on RR's. I have at least 4 in the works, with more planned. My main focus right now with RR's are preemie and baby sized ones. I got a heck of a deal on baby yarn so that is what will be made with it.

I have also made scarves, dishcloths, rugs, and also have a regular ripple ghan in the works. I haven't gotten far on that one, so I may frog it and make a ridged rr.

Take care sweetie and I'll be chatting with ya again soon :hug

HiYa Mel,

Wow sounds like you have those hooks burning the midnite hours too lol

I have three more rows and I will have another RR tree skirt finished. I was pretty upset when I found out about half way thru it that I was useing the wrong hook size, GRR!!!! Well then I decided to change hooks and I couldn't find my K hook, so I decided that I must have thru it in the trash so here I am out garbage diving for my hook and you guessed it. It wasn't there. So back into the house I went and guess what? There it was in a sack with some yarn I had put away. LOLOL So I'm back on track agin and almost finished.

Oh my goodness I was so excited when I came in here tonite. You ladies have all just done such a wonderful job on your projects. I love seeing all the great colors you use. I think to myself there is really going to be a lot of happy people this christmas. :D

Thankyou to all of you ladies for keeping this CAL alive. There is nothing better than good friends and CROCHET!!! :yes

Briana,

Your RR afghan is so very BEAUTIFUL!! The colors are outstanding and eyecatching!! :clap

What shades did you use for this beauty?

Thanks!

Thanks so much. The colors used are TLC Essentials Dark Thyme, Sandstone, Dark Brown and Barn Red. RRSS in Gold and Carrot. I Love This Yarn (Hobby Lobby) in Autumn Ombre. Gave it to her today and she was so surprised and very happy as she has been admiring the ones I made for her daughters all year long.

sorry, about the pics being so BIG!! that photobucket stuff drives me nuts!

the first one was from the "gentle waves" round ripple pattern done with Vanna's Choice yarn (omegosh, LOVE that yarn!) in pea green, terracotta, and white

the second one is the regular rr made with Vanna's choice in pea green true taupe and linen (it matches my new decor in my den)

Hello,

I am thinking realy hard about joining this. My mom requested a star but I am thinking a round ripple would be better. I have my yarn picked out just have to finish weaving in ends on my other project so I can start this.

Here are pics of the colors I will be using

2647746040047560794sHzkRv_th.jpg

the 3rd color is a dark brown

Edited by dewbaby00

Judianne - I'm making it probably about 40 in. across. I'm using the variegated Monet from RHSS, and either white or pink, since it will be a girl. Thanks for the congrats. :)

I LOVE the Monet print!

40 inches is a good size - she'll be using it for a long time!

We'll be looking forward to seeing pictures, too:D

Quick question I am Using this pattern http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html if I am reading it right I do 2 rounds small shells 2 rounds large shell after round 9??

That is what that pattern says, but I found that it doesn't lay flat that way.

I do 2 rows large shell and 1 row small shell. Much better for me that way.

That is what that pattern says, but I found that it doesn't lay flat that way.

I do 2 rows large shell and 1 row small shell. Much better for me that way.

Absolutely:yes

I'm having an issue with the same pattern, but earlier into it, at rows 3-4. It's not able to lay down flat, its all wavy. Will this straighten itself out or am I doing something wrong?

What type of yarn and what size hook are you using?

I normally go up at least one size hook to prevent ruffling.

Sounds like your tension may be a tad tight.

Okie Doke...It only took me nearly two weeks to finish the last couple of rows cause I got caught up trying to finish up some WIP's that had to go out - BUT

Here it is... the Denim and Pastel Blue RRR

th_blankie001.jpg

th_blankie003.jpgth_blankie006.jpg

it's about 3 ft wide - I used an I hook and Pound of Love

Note: thank you Mel (again) for all your inspiration and assistance early on!

Here is a pic of my wip started tonight using a K hook cause it's what I grabbed.

2242705280047560794SJmsyh_th.jpg

2092646410047560794HQjaFq_th.jpg

pics are clickable.

Looking good!! Nice color combo.

Okie Doke...It only took me nearly two weeks to finish the last couple of rows cause I got caught up trying to finish up some WIP's that had to go out - BUT

Here it is... the Denim and Pastel Blue RRR

th_blankie001.jpg

th_blankie003.jpgth_blankie006.jpg

it's about 3 ft wide - I used an I hook and Pound of Love

Note: thank you Mel (again) for all your inspiration and assistance early on!

Very Pretty. Looks real good :yes

Job well done dear :clap

We are on a roll again! More pretty RRs:c9:clapGreat job!

I use a J for RR's with RHSS....K is very good if you crochet tightly, too.

Whatever works!:hook