Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Awww you all are more than welcome. It is the least that I can do since I am learning so much more than you all will ever know from this board:)

Edited to correct typos

Jeannie, that is truly beautiful!!!:c9

Manda

When I get ready to make one, I get 2 skeins of each color. I do 2 to 2 1/2 rounds of colors. (Yellow through the pink) The picture is of an extra large one that I made for my Great Aunt who is having health issues. She got me through a very rough time not long ago, and I wanted to do something special for her and a "rainbow" seemed appropriate.

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words on my blanket. I would have never gotten the idea except I saw it here and how beautiful all of your blankets turned out.

I used Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. But I used 2 strands worked together with a size K hook. When I started I used 2 strands of yellow, then went to 1 yellow and 1 green, next round, 2 green, next, 1 green and 1 blue, and just kept blending. I changed colors every round.

start

2 yellow

1 yellow & 1 green

2 green

1 green & 1 blue

2 blue

1 blue & 1 lavender

2 lavender

1 lavender & 1 pink

2 pink

1 pink & 1 yellow

and back to 2 yellow

I hope this helps those who want to try it.

Thanks so much , my next lapghan was planned to be a Van Gogh blend. I just learned from you and my first one( a rectangular granny) that varigated yarn doesn't work to well. Off to replace my varigated.

Meegan

I spend way too much time checking out all your beautiful RR's. :clap

I finally managed to finish one of mine, even though it seemed to take MONTHS to go around once.

It's around 67in from point to point and I did a very simple edge.

th_RR2.jpg

th_RR1.jpg

Better late than never :lol

Thanks for looking!!

I finally managed to finish one of mine, even though it seemed to take MONTHS to go around once.

th_RR2.jpg

th_RR1.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Beautiful! I love the bright colors:clap:clap

Thanks for looking!!

Ruby - that's very pretty. I know what you mean about checking out everyone's work. It's very addictive (and rewardnig).

The round ripple is what got me to this site through a search engine but I can't seem to find a pattern! I have cruised through this thread but there are over 2000 posts and I can't get through them all. Could someone please direct me to a pattern? I would like to make one with Homespun, one "paint" color and one solid. In my head I think a row of solid every once in a while will accentuate the fact that it is a star. Am I right?

I am really finding lots of great stuff on this site. Thank you for the great posts and great pictures.

Crystal in Arkansas

The round ripple is what got me to this site through a search engine but I can't seem to find a pattern! I have cruised through this thread but there are over 2000 posts and I can't get through them all. Could someone please direct me to a pattern? I would like to make one with Homespun, one "paint" color and one solid. In my head I think a row of solid every once in a while will accentuate the fact that it is a star. Am I right?

I am really finding lots of great stuff on this site. Thank you for the great posts and great pictures.

Crystal in Arkansas

This is the pattern I use....just - on row 3 - move the asterisk back to the "skip " word....

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

I started using a contrast color on the small shell round (where it's only one dc, ch 2, one dc) and it defines it nicely.

Judy,

Remember the blue cow? I believe that its done, I took the summer off and with the kids gone I didnt do anything. Mainly hung out with DH, the summer went well and ready for the kids to go back to school. Wednesday :cheer:clap:cheer

Judy,

Remember the blue cow? I believe that its done, I took the summer off and with the kids gone I didnt do anything. Mainly hung out with DH, the summer went well and ready for the kids to go back to school. Wednesday :cheer:clap:cheer

That;s great!

Do you have a picture to share?

I'll have a picture of my own to share later...I used the Games competition to whip up a RR lapghan for Sissie....going to make another, though, and it might go to a children's charity this time....it was too easy. I normally have trouble finishing things, but this went fast (used Homespun and an M hook)

That;s great!

Do you have a picture to share?

I'll have a picture of my own to share later...I used the Games competition to whip up a RR lapghan for Sissie....going to make another, though, and it might go to a children's charity this time....it was too easy. I normally have trouble finishing things, but this went fast (used Homespun and an M hook)

Can't wait to see the pic of the RR lapghan.

I'll be starting one as soon as these scarves get done.

i spend way too much time checking out all your beautiful rr's. :clap

i finally managed to finish one of mine, even though it seemed to take months to go around once.

It's around 67in from point to point and i did a very simple edge.

th_rr2.jpg

th_rr1.jpg

better late than never :lol

thanks for looking!!

i love it!!!!

Crystal in Arkansas

Welcome to the RR CAL, I hope you have a great time here meeeting new friends and making RR's. I am also in Arkansas Crystal ;-) Very nice to meet you. Looking forward to seeing your RR and getting to know you.

I have a link to the pattern (lyn's round ripple) in my siginature. for all of you that haven't seen me in a while, I had my baby and if you want to see pics check out my blog. link also in my signature.

Crystal in Arkansas

Ooooops...posted on the Team SKY thread....forgot you guys:blush

th_HPIM0608.jpgclickable

It's a 38 inch lapghan, Homespun, an M hook...rev hdc as an edge.

Sew on Fire pattern.

Judy, your Homespun RR afghan is certainly a GORGEOUS creation!!! :cheer

What colors did you use? Did you use 2 strands at one time?

I simply ADORE your rendition of this most popular afghan.

Thanks!!!

Thanks...

I used one strand, but the M hook worked to make it drape nicely. The light purplish color is plum, I mostly used grape, with some gothic at the end., The bright color is Cotton Candy.

It's only lapghan size, and I used stash, but I probably went through 4 or so skiens of Homespun.

I have a link to the pattern (lyn's round ripple) in my siginature. for all of you that haven't seen me in a while, I had my baby and if you want to see pics check out my blog. link also in my signature.

congrats on your new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought I'd take a break from my RR and take a pic of my progress.

I did a modification of the pattern.

This is the baby RR I am making for the games.

What do you think?

th_BabyRRforGames1.jpg

th_BabyRRforGames2.jpg

clickable for closer look

Mel

That is so pretty! I learned to do simple crochet as a young girl, and have begun again as I am going to be a granny for the first time. Are round ripples difficult? I am afraid I might be considered a beginner at this!

Mel

That is so pretty! I learned to do simple crochet as a young girl, and have begun again as I am going to be a granny for the first time. Are round ripples difficult? I am afraid I might be considered a beginner at this!

The only stitches you need to know for the RR is double crochet and slip stitch.

They are fairly easy. It was my first ripple of any type.

Click here for the RR pattern I use. The one I posted is a variation of the pattern.

There is a mistake in row 3. You can find the correction here, along with other tips and tricks.

Mel, that's awesome! :cheerI love the BLO effect....need tot ry that with the regular yarn....it would be lost on Homepun.

Thought I'd take a break from my RR and take a pic of my progress.

I did a modification of the pattern.

This is the baby RR I am making for the games.

What do you think?

th_BabyRRforGames1.jpg

th_BabyRRforGames2.jpg

clickable for closer look

Mel,

I love that!!! you are so talented... I wish that I could get the color combo's together like you do.

Cathy