Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Mel, I'll have to try that less "holey" way of making the RR.... Thanks for the link!

You are most welcome :D

Still working on my baby RR with the baby yarn. This thing is taking forever with the thin yarn. I'm glad I'm NOT using baby yarn during the crochet games. I'd never get done!!

You are most welcome :D

Still working on my baby RR with the baby yarn. This thing is taking forever with the thin yarn. I'm glad I'm NOT using baby yarn during the crochet games. I'd never get done!!

I know - when we flew to LV last year I brought my F hook and baby yarn to make a small blanket. Besides beign bored out of mind, it was taking forever! Next one I'll double up the yarn...and make a RR:D

I know - when we flew to LV last year I brought my F hook and baby yarn to make a small blanket. Besides beign bored out of mind, it was taking forever! Next one I'll double up the yarn...and make a RR:D

The only reason I haven't put it down for good is because I know that it is going to a good cause. It will be going to a NICU, I'm just not sure which one yet. I'll have to look through the threads and see who all needs ghans for NICU's.

The RR I am making during the games is also going to a NICU. I know where that one is going.

The only reason I haven't put it down for good is because I know that it is going to a good cause. It will be going to a NICU, I'm just not sure which one yet. I'll have to look through the threads and see who all needs ghans for NICU's.

:applause:tup

I think the texture is similar to Homespun, which I've used...so I would use Baby Clouds.

Thank you....wish me luck! :hook

Thank you....wish me luck! :hook

Try going up a hook size, too - makes it a lot easier and still should look good. Just a thought!

Good luck:cheer

I know that I have not posted much on the boards..... But I saw this round Ripple crochet-a-long and got all hyped up about it and started stitching right away. That was months ago and to date I have made 5 in baby yarn and 2 in regular yarn. As we speak I have my son & daughter hunting for my camera so that I can post a picture. I used Bernats Baby Coordinates yarn. BUT this where I did my own thing, I used size K hook and 2 strands of yarn together. This helped ALOT to blend the rainbow colors.

I know that I have not posted much on the boards..... But I saw this round Ripple crochet-a-long and got all hyped up about it and started stitching right away. That was months ago and to date I have made 5 in baby yarn and 2 in regular yarn. As we speak I have my son & daughter hunting for my camera so that I can post a picture. I used Bernats Baby Coordinates yarn. BUT this where I did my own thing, I used size K hook and 2 strands of yarn together. This helped ALOT to blend the rainbow colors.

Sounds like you have been pretty busy. Were always happy to hereabout your projects. Hope to see your pictures soon.

Thanks for sharing with us.

The RR I am making during the games is also going to a NICU. I know where that one is going.

Hi Mel I hope all is going well with you and your family. I have been busy getting all my Dr's appts cleared up. I hope to be done with all of it the end of this month. I have taken a break from RR's since it's been so hot here. I decided to work on something smaller lol Washcloths lol They don't make you get hot holding the RR's on your lap can get pretty warm. lol I love to crochet the RR's in the fall and winter. It's good to see you Mel!!!! :-)

Hi Mel I hope all is going well with you and your family. I have been busy getting all my Dr's appts cleared up. I hope to be done with all of it the end of this month. I have taken a break from RR's since it's been so hot here. I decided to work on something smaller lol Washcloths lol They don't make you get hot holding the RR's on your lap can get pretty warm. lol I love to crochet the RR's in the fall and winter. It's good to see you Mel!!!! :-)

Hi Judy :hug

I'm doing as well as can be expected with a bad back and now the neck too. I'm going to PT 3 times a week for the neck. Some days it is real tough, but all in all it seems to be helping a tad. They do take into consideration my back problems, so they have modified what they normally do for my type of neck problem. They are really working with me on both, which is a blessing.

I am making a RR for the Crochet Games, but it is a baby one. I really didn't want to make a big one in this heat. In the heat I make a lot of bags, dishcloths, potholders, and even things in thread :eek

Gotta run, gotta make lunch for Hilly and I. I'll post pics of the Baby RR made with baby yarn and the one I'm making for the Games, as soon as I get the Games one done.

:hug

Mel

Ok they are not the best but you can at least see what I did......

RR1.jpg

and a close up:

RRcloseup.jpg

That is absolutely beautiful! What yarn did you use?

Alaina

Here is the Baby RR I was working on until the Crochet Games started. It is on hold till the games are over.

It is done with Bernat Softee Baby.

It is about 22 inches point to point.....at least it will be when I finish the round :D

th_BabyyarnBabyRR.jpg

clickable

Hi Judy :hug

I'm doing as well as can be expected with a bad back and now the neck too. I'm going to PT 3 times a week for the neck. Some days it is real tough, but all in all it seems to be helping a tad. They do take into consideration my back problems, so they have modified what they normally do for my type of neck problem. They are really working with me on both, which is a blessing.

I am making a RR for the Crochet Games, but it is a baby one. I really didn't want to make a big one in this heat. In the heat I make a lot of bags, dishcloths, potholders, and even things in thread :eek

Gotta run, gotta make lunch for Hilly and I. I'll post pics of the Baby RR made with baby yarn and the one I'm making for the Games, as soon as I get the Games one done.

:hug

Mel

Wow Mel sounds like you are staying pretty busy even with your back and neck bothering you. I sure know what it's like doing that PT three times a week. It seems like such a waste of time to me so I called them up and told them to call my Dr I want my evaluation done. I have more mussel problems in my neck now than i ever had. I just can't seem to get in strong enough. I don't plan to return to work at the hospital, I don't want to take any chances of reinjuring it. I will miss my work but it's just not worth it.

Well I better run too Mel it's great to chat with you agin. I always enjoy your messages :)

Your Friend

Judy

Ok they are not the best but you can at least see what I did......

RR1.jpg

and a close up:

RRcloseup.jpg

That is so pretty I just love the soft colors. You did a wonderful job. That is going to be a very lucky little one :-)

I used Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. But I used 2 strands worked together with a size K hook. When I started I used 2 strands of yellow, then went to 1 yellow and 1 green, next round, 2 green, next, 1 green and 1 blue, and just kept blending. I changed colors every round.

start

2 yellow

1 yellow & 1 green

2 green

1 green & 1 blue

2 blue

1 blue & 1 lavender

2 lavender

1 lavender & 1 pink

2 pink

1 pink & 1 yellow

and back to 2 yellow

I hope this helps those who want to try it.

I used Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. But I used 2 strands worked together with a size K hook. When I started I used 2 strands of yellow, then went to 1 yellow and 1 green, next round, 2 green, next, 1 green and 1 blue, and just kept blending. I changed colors every round.

start

2 yellow

1 yellow & 1 green

2 green

1 green & 1 blue

2 blue

1 blue & 1 lavender

2 lavender

1 lavender & 1 pink

2 pink

1 pink & 1 yellow

and back to 2 yellow

Thank You!

start

2 yellow

1 yellow & 1 green

2 green

1 green & 1 blue

2 blue

1 blue & 1 lavender

2 lavender

1 lavender & 1 pink

2 pink

1 pink & 1 yellow

and back to 2 yellow

Thankyou so much for explaing how you did your colors. I will be trying this one for sure :-) How much yarn did you use and how big did you make it? It's so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!