Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Thanks! I pulled out my worsted weight stash and decided to improvise. I wanted a rug for the floor, so I thought 2 strands with size N hook might work well.

I'm on row 14 with mostly mix-n-match colors and a few solid 'neutrals' thrown in. I'll post a picture as soon as I can get one on the computer for posting. I just love pulling odd colors together!

:D

I like using N or P hooks for this...or for pet blankets, or for...

You get the idea:)

Everything works up so fast with the 2 or 3 strand technique and the bigger hook:hook

I got the same pattern from epatterns.com. Now will you be so kind to walk me through this one when you get yours?:manyheart. I have to yarn ready, but need someone to help me when it get tricky.

Sure, though I have no idea when mine will arrive! I love the colors this is done in --the blues and white-- although my favorite color is purple, I will probably make one in blues and white.

Edited by everkutz

Sure, though I have no idea when mine will arrive! I love the colors this is done in --the blues and white-- although my favorite color is purple, I will probably make one in blues and white.

Just LMK when it does arrive. Go for the purple! You can do it in shades of purple, or go wild with purple and hot pink and black. I think if you love the colors, you'll be more inclined to finish the project. :crocheting

Well, I just couldn't stand it any longer and started my 2nd RR today. My first one was the sewonfire Spiderman RR. I worked on it thru my boys' piano lessons and I'm on round 6. I love the beginning of these -- it goes fast (even for me) and I think the centers are so pretty. I'm using this pattern: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976910272 but will make it bigger. I like the border on this one, but not sure I'll tackle that.

I bought some ILTY from Hobby Lobby, while it was on sale last week, in medium blue, brown, & blue camo stripe. I have some navy blue RHSS that I'll probably put in there somewhere. I hate to say it, but I think I'm lovin' this yarn! :yes

I'll post a pic when I add more rounds/colors.

Guess I better update my WIP in my siggy. :lol

I started the rr from sew on fire. Some how I have 11 points not 9 or 12. :eekI didn't notice it until I was into round 15. I'm going to keep going until its finished. I'd hate to frog and start again. Hey, it may be a new design:crocheting

I started the rr from sew on fire. Some how I have 11 points not 9 or 12. :eekI didn't notice it until I was into round 15. I'm going to keep going until its finished. I'd hate to frog and start again. Hey, it may be a new design:crocheting

That's how designers are created!! What I love about crocheting is that it can be anything - or done any way -- you want!:cheer

Here's the beginning:

2637404149_7af497f0b6_m.jpg

After the third round of blue, I'll do a single round of navy, then two rounds of camo stripe....then start all over with 5 or 6 rounds of the brown.

I am enjoying this ripple! :cheer

Here's the beginning:

2637404149_7af497f0b6_m.jpg

After the third round of blue, I'll do a single round of navy, then two rounds of camo stripe....then start all over with 5 or 6 rounds of the brown.

I am enjoying this ripple! :cheer

This is absolutely beautiful.

After seeing all the great RR on Ravelry, I cut the yarn and restarted the RR. This way I frog one bad RR into one correct RR. Took a day and half but I'm back on track. :crocheting

Sherrilynn, that is LOVELY!!!

cpsmith, I love the color contrasts in yours!

I finally finished mine, and it makes a great kitchen rug (though I will use it after I put it in our local fair)

In Progress... http://pics.livejournal.com/stinanthemum/pic/0000dehs/g4

Finished... http://pics.livejournal.com/stinanthemum/pic/0000e4fk/g4

To give you an idea of the size, the gym shoe toe at the bottom left corner belongs to my size 9 foot. :hook

Woo Hoo!!! I just finished my dh "regular" ripple afghan. Need to work a bit on a Snowflake afghan (CAL from over 2 years ago) then I'll start my RR!!! Woot!

I just started my 4th RR (These things sure are addicting!). I'm going to try to get out the camera this evening and take some pictures of the ones I've finished. I have a ton of stash to bust and this was the only thing I could think of to do with it. The one I'm working on now is RH "Artist Print",purple, yellow and green stripes. It's going to be lapghan sized, but I have no idea what to do with it once I finish. I'm kinda just doing it to use up some yarn and have something to do in the evenings.

I just started my 4th RR (These things sure are addicting!). I'm going to try to get out the camera this evening and take some pictures of the ones I've finished. I have a ton of stash to bust and this was the only thing I could think of to do with it. The one I'm working on now is RH "Artist Print",purple, yellow and green stripes. It's going to be lapghan sized, but I have no idea what to do with it once I finish. I'm kinda just doing it to use up some yarn and have something to do in the evenings.

If you don't know what to do with it, Sissie (I forget the rest of her ville name) is working on getting lapghans together for a nursing home.

It's Sissie44 on here....

Edited by judianne

Thanks! I had fun making this one.

Sherrilynn, that is LOVELY!!!

cpsmith, I love the color contrasts in yours!

I finally finished mine, and it makes a great kitchen rug (though I will use it after I put it in our local fair)

In Progress... http://pics.livejournal.com/stinanthemum/pic/0000dehs/g4

Finished... http://pics.livejournal.com/stinanthemum/pic/0000e4fk/g4

To give you an idea of the size, the gym shoe toe at the bottom left corner belongs to my size 9 foot. :hook

Started a 2 strand rr with a big hook a few weeks ago to bust some of my stash in white and purple, on the last 2 rows and have ran out of white yarn.

Then I rembered that I was using a ball of the white making a cat, only had 1 leg left to make, have tried several times but not happy with the way it came out so it has been put away for awhile now. Deceided to finish it off so I could carry on with my rr, leg now complete.

Now on the last row (unless I decided to do another colour sequence:lol), one row left to do, which is 2 strands of white, just hope I will have enough left to finish it, dont fancy going out to buy any more yarn can't trust my self just to buy what I need:lol.

Made a few mistakes, but think I have managed to correct 1, but the second I can't unless I frog it (has 11 points instead of 12).

Just measured it and it 74" across, should be 75" when finished, if I carry on with another colour sequence it will be 7 foot. Not realy sure if I will make it any bigger, gonna see how it fits the bed first.

I have a ton of stash to bust and this was the only thing I could think of to do with it. The one I'm working on now is RH "Artist Print",purple, yellow and green stripes. It's going to be lapghan sized, but I have no idea what to do with it once I finish. I'm kinda just doing it to use up some yarn and have something to do in the evenings.

We must be twins separated at birth... I am making the RR's for the same reason. I finally counted the skeins and pounds in my Red Heart and TLC stash and I could open up a discount yarn store.:eek

Yes, please send Sissie the finished ghan.

How many points and how many rows? :crocheting

Question for you ladies? Can you take some crochet thread, can you use this pattern to make it for a table? I was just wondering, I am new to this pattern bee crocheting for many, many years. If you looked on my site there are plenty of afghans, but this one I want to make one, but I might do a solid color. thanks

I have used the round ripple pattern to make doilies, dishcloths and a table topper.

th_HPIM0613.jpg Dishcloth

th_HPIM0624.jpg Table topper

It's a very versatile pattern that you can adapt to virtually every thread or yarn.

i thought i might join in with you all.. im making my first RR

im using the GENTLE WAVES ROUND RIPPLE AFGHAN pattern by michelle rhodes

colours = rainbow varigated, yellow, orange, lavender, blue, green..

using the varigated rainbow as the main colour :D oh and its 12 soft points

...and they make good baby doll blankets, too

Love your table topper, LegalWoman

I have used the round ripple pattern to make doilies, dishcloths and a table topper.

th_HPIM0613.jpg Dishcloth

th_HPIM0624.jpg Table topper

It's a very versatile pattern that you can adapt to virtually every thread or yarn.

Yes, please send Sissie the finished ghan.

How many points and how many rows? :crocheting

It's a 12 point RR. I've got about 14 rows done on it so far. How many rows do you think I should do on it to make a lapghan? I was thinking maybe 45, but I wasn't sure. I haven't had time to work on it in a couple days. Once I finish it, I'll look Sissie up and see if she wants it. Thanks for the suggestion, judianne and mattsmom499:)