Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Roxy -- very pretty ripples! Is your lilac one a double-strand? I like the white round in the center of your varigated/mixed rounds.

The lilac and white I used 2 strands, 2 lilac, 1 lilac 1 white, 2 white, with a big hook, worked up really quick. Gonna make another one like it soon, for my dads gf.

It has been hot and when it is I don't feel like crocheting what I did once was get a tote or large clothes basket lay the afghan in it , I did this once and it worked fine off the legs becasue some of them can get heavy this way everything is in it your hook , pattern, yarn and off the floor and lap, when your turn it no problem , with a tote you can put a lid on it at the end of the day.

I am just joining in on this.

I started my very first RR and afghan yesterday! I pm's Aggie May and she sent me her pattern. I love it, it is so easy to follow! Thanks again Aggie!!!

I am definitely hooked (pun intended lol).

I can't wait to finish this one so I can start another. I can foresee many people in my family getting these for Christmas this year!

Here is mine so far:

The red is actually a rosy magenta color but it didn't come out like that in the picture :think

(clickable)

myfirstrrtn.jpg

I am just joining in on this.

I started my very first RR and afghan yesterday! I pm's Aggie May and she sent me her pattern. I love it, it is so easy to follow! Thanks again Aggie!!!

I am definitely hooked (pun intended lol).

I can't wait to finish this one so I can start another. I can foresee many people in my family getting these for Christmas this year!

Here is mine so far:

The red is actually a rosy magenta color but it didn't come out like that in the picture :think

(clickable)

myfirstrrtn.jpg

Your RR is very pretty , and welcome to the CAL. I have to admit they are very addictive lol They work up so quick and are so pretty.

Your RR is very pretty , and welcome to the CAL. I have to admit they are very addictive lol They work up so quick and are so pretty.

Thank you!

I am having so much fun making mine. I can't believe how fast they go. :hook

It's been so long since the last time I made a RR, but one of my friends is pregnant so I was thinking of making her a baby RR blanket. I just have to decide what yarn and colors to use. I should have it by september so I still have plenty of time to decide.

It's been so long since the last time I made a RR, but one of my friends is pregnant so I was thinking of making her a baby RR blanket. I just have to decide what yarn and colors to use. I should have it by september so I still have plenty of time to decide.

Awww, babies...

I can't wait until my family members start having babies, or maybe a few friends. We're all right at that age of newlywedness and not babies yet. But babies love crochet!

Hi Y'all! I've been watching this thread for awhile now. Clasrissa has me "hooked"...I love her RR!!! What kind of yarn did you use for it? I want to make one, I want to make one!!! I would have NEVER came up with that color combo but it is just beautiful!!! :clap

Hi Y'all! I've been watching this thread for awhile now. Clasrissa has me "hooked"...I love her RR!!! What kind of yarn did you use for it? I want to make one, I want to make one!!! I would have NEVER came up with that color combo but it is just beautiful!!! :clap

HEHEHEHEHE So glad I could hook you! I am using Red Heart Super Saver in White, Pale Yellow and Magenta

I started out with 5 rnds of yellow, *then 2 rnds of white, 1 rnd magenta, 2 rnds yellow* repeat from *-* until you have the size you want. I'm still working on mine. I had to set it aside yesterday to finish a UFO. But now that the UFO is offically a FO I can get back to it! :clap

hi everyone ~ I'm thinking about making a rainbow round ripple baby afghan. I like the blended but don't know if it would be better to just make a rainbow one. Are the blended ones hard? I know you have to use 2 strands together ~ how much yarn do you need & what size hook? I guess I'm just looking for pros & cons. I've only ever done dish cloths in the rr ~ so I'm wondering if I should try to conquer a blended one first or not. Any advice?

Kim

hi everyone ~ I'm thinking about making a rainbow round ripple baby afghan. I like the blended but don't know if it would be better to just make a rainbow one. Are the blended ones hard? I know you have to use 2 strands together ~ how much yarn do you need & what size hook? I guess I'm just looking for pros & cons. I've only ever done dish cloths in the rr ~ so I'm wondering if I should try to conquer a blended one first or not. Any advice?

Kim

The Van Gogh CAL deals only with blended RRs - I don't remember how much I used with mine... I'm sure if you post there you'll get a quick reply!

Kim

Hi Kim - I haven't measured the amount of yarn I have used, but for a baby afghan, it won't be much. If you're going to use the blended method, unless you wind the skeins into separate balls, you'll be buying multiple skeins of the colors you use, anyway. For a baby afghan, you'll want it to drape well, so use a larger hook, and possibly a lighter yarn (sport or baby weight). Hook size will depend on the drape you want, the weight of the yarn and the number of strands.

I don't think they're difficult, and when you're done, they're very rewarding.

If you've never used more than one strand, I'd start with two strands and an N or P hook. For baby- or sport-weight yarn, a K hook might produce a nicely draped afghan.

Hi!

I'm actually starting a round ripple tonight for my cousins baby boy. I have done them before but this is the first big project since my daughter was born almost two years ago!

I have not made one of these for some time now so I decided I was gonna make another one I am using Aggie May's pattern and some yarn that was gifted to me from Miss Crochet all the way from Germany :yay its so soft and such pastel pretty colors I am doing a pastel rainbow with white inbetween

Thanks everyone for your reply. :hug I'm gonna go check out the Van Googh cal too. I'm thinking about making one of these for my cousin who is due in October.

Edited by doxiesr4me
spelling

Starting another one!! I'm trying to come up with my own pattern, as I am making a tree skirt for the Olympics and want it to be an original pattern. The practice one I have now will be a baby afghan and I'm messing with adding bobbles in it along with the color change... Not sure how I like it yet. Pictures will come later for y'alls opinion (which I value)

i've been wanting to make one of these for awhile. i'm gonna start mine. about how much yarn (yards) do you need for one?

Wish I could help, I made a scrap one and am unsure how much I used.

2693690931_79885508ed_t.jpg

Here's an itty bitty pic of the 2nd RR I've started. This one will only be a lapghan size.

I can't decide if I want to put some cream-colored rounds in or not.

That's so pretty! I think a cream would go really nice with the variegated yarn in the center, depending on how you want to finish it out.

still plugging away....it's hard to pull out the afghan-in-progress when it's 102* outside!

Boy, I know the feeling, i'm in AR and it's been very hot here too. I know that summer time is hard to crochet RR or anthing of much size. But I know when fall gets here everyone will be back in the mood agin :) Hang in there and you will be done before you know it.

Finished another practice RR for the Olympics! This one I experimented putting little bobbles in, as I want my tree skirt to be more decorative.

Here's a picture of it mostly finished... I'll upload the finished probably Monday next week, as I'm heading out of town this weekend.

I love how soft the yarn is, and I'm not really sure what type of yarn it is.. Caron Millends is what the bag said.

I have finally started my first RR and I am using Aggie May's pattern that she so graciously shared with me (thank you). This is what i have got done so far and I am hoping that it is turning out right as this is my first one. What do you think??? Does it look like it is supposed to :lol.

firstrr002.jpg?t=1217743582

Just another shot of my rr.

firstrr001.jpg?t=1217743683

Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts and opinions :hug:manyheart