Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

How do you do a 2 strand round ripple?Follow a pattern and use an L,M or N hook??Does that work??Sounds like a great stash buster (I have loads of yarn) and a Christmas gift idea too!

How do you do a 2 strand round ripple?Follow a pattern and use an L,M or N hook??Does that work??Sounds like a great stash buster (I have loads of yarn) and a Christmas gift idea too!

Depending on the thickness of the yarn, I like the N hook for this - easier on the hands:)

Depending on the thickness of the yarn, I like the N hook for this - easier on the hands:)

I agree. Depending on the yarn and the desired finished look, I've used L, M, N, and P hooks with 2 strands of RHSS (Red Heart Super Saver), Caron One Pound, and Lion Brand Homespun. I've done a 4 strand version with an S hook and RHSS.

okay here's a question....

say I just started a RR...like i dunno, 20 minutes ago...

and found the pattern correction in line three...

and let's just say I have a 3 yr, 14 month and 15 yr old driving me crazy....

and three babies due in the next three weeks.....

(all of whom are getting blankets from me in varrying stages of done-ness)

do you see any chance of me finishing a RR by next weekend?

for those wondering where i got the GENTLE WAVES ROUND RIPPLE PATTERN

here is the link. it is a free pattern from the authors blog.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/31/1130550/Gentle_Waves_Round_Ripple_v3.pdf

im doing it as the pattern stated but it doesnt lay very flat, looking further into the authors blog i tihnk doing it as an 8point would lay flatter..

A dish cloth... I hadn't even thought of that and have 2 dishcloths to make for someone. Wonderful! And yet another excuse to do a RR.

:clap

BTW, Mary maxim has two dishcloth RR patterns for free with the purchase of cotton yarn. Like I need more yarn :eek

Quick question. How many rounds do you do for baby afghans? lapghan? I don't know where to stop. I was using jmcrochet's suggestion of stoppihg at 36 rounds for lapghans.

Any other thoughts?

okay here's a question....

say I just started a RR...like i dunno, 20 minutes ago...

and found the pattern correction in line three...

and let's just say I have a 3 yr, 14 month and 15 yr old driving me crazy....

and three babies due in the next three weeks.....

(all of whom are getting blankets from me in varrying stages of done-ness)

do you see any chance of me finishing a RR by next weekend?

Sounds like the Sew on Fire pattern to me:yes

ANd you absolutely can do it!:cheer...even if you have to hide in the bathroom to escape the kids:lol

Quick question. How many rounds do you do for baby afghans? lapghan? I don't know where to stop. I was using jmcrochet's suggestion of stoppihg at 36 rounds for lapghans.

Any other thoughts?

I don't go by rounds, since yarn os so different for baby ghans - and I don't remember what I did on mine, but I think they measured around 26 inches in diameter.

Have finished by big lilac and white rr, used 2 strands of yarn and a big hook, used about 800g of lilac and 450g of white. Measures about 75", need to take some photos.

Also started a rr using 2.5mm hook and crochet cotton, making a doily.

My sisters rr is on hold for now, will work on it when I have completed a few other small WIPs.

Sounds like the Sew on Fire pattern to me:yes

ANd you absolutely can do it!:cheer...even if you have to hide in the bathroom to escape the kids:lol

it IS the Sew on Fire pattern - is there a better one? or easier one?

i'm avoiding - too intimidating to think about having to get it done by next weekend

and i'm starting to swirl!! don't know why this happens to me when i work in the round - had to frog a giant granny a few weeks ago for the same reason ...

please if there's a better/easier/faster pattern PLEASE let me know! ASAP! (haha)

p.s. i'm using H hook with pound of love yarn.. shoul i double up and use a bigger hook???

:ty

it IS the Sew on Fire pattern - is there a better one? or easier one?

i'm avoiding - too intimidating to think about having to get it done by next weekend

and i'm starting to swirl!! don't know why this happens to me when i work in the round - had to frog a giant granny a few weeks ago for the same reason ...

please if there's a better/easier/faster pattern PLEASE let me know! ASAP! (haha)

p.s. i'm using H hook with pound of love yarn.. shoul i double up and use a bigger hook???

:ty

I think this pattern is the easiest. Doubling up and using a bigger hook will help you get it done faster, for sure. With that yarn....depends how you crochet, of course..but try a K hook. Adjust if it's too loose or tight...depends how you want it, dense stitces or loose...

Someone here actually made a RR with 4 str of RHSS:eek It was Crochet Dad...my hands aren;t strong enough for that:P

The swirling...maybe you need to pay closer attention - or make it of alternating colors. It's easier to see then.

i dont know if anyone else has had a go at the gentle waves RR that i posted i was making.. but its puckering sooooo bad that im undoing it and going to do a motif afghan instead

goodluck with your RR everyone

i dont know if anyone else has had a go at the gentle waves RR that i posted i was making.. but its puckering sooooo bad that im undoing it and going to do a motif afghan instead

goodluck with your RR everyone

Thanks for the update - I hadn't stated that pattern yet. Think I'll stick with Sew on Fire pattern

Here are two round ripples I finished last month. I just had a chance to take pictures this morning. Please excuse my poor photography skills! lol

They are both lapghan-sized.

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

Here are two round ripples I finished last month. I just had a chance to take pictures this morning. Please excuse my poor photography skills! lol

They are both lapghan-sized.

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

Simply gorgeous. Now cough up the details...pattern, yarn, row count. I am trying to create a database of different styles of RR.That way, I don't get bored making the same pattern the same way.

Simply gorgeous. Now cough up the details...pattern, yarn, row count.

Both were made using the Sew On Fire pattern and an H hook. I used scrap RH yarn for the claret/navy/cream/hunter green/varigated afghan and it's around 30-33 rounds, I think. The blue one is about 40 rounds and was made from ILTY Sea Blue and Retro Modern Ombre.

Image028.jpg

okay thats how far I got last night

It's about 24/25 inches

how big is it supposed to be?

BTW - it's supposed to be gender neutral cause we don't know what she's having... do you think the pink is okay? and I plan to add a round of the teal from the first round for the outter edge

Edited by EEE_mom

Image028.jpg

okay thats how far I got last night

It's about 24/25 inches

how big is it supposed to be?

BTW - it's supposed to be gender neutral cause we don't know what she's having... do you think the pink is okay? and I plan to add a round of the teal from the first round for the outter edge

If you can bring it closer to 30 inches or even a little more...but if not, at least close to 30 should be great. It looks pretty - and about gender neutral - don't worry about the pink. I've made baby ghans with more pink than that...but with blue and white - nobody had a cow. My vet is now using it for her second boy:lol

I used 2 strands with N hook (misc ww yard) and it worked up pretty quick for me, here's a picture.

thats beautiful! looks very soft and snuggly too!

I was surprised at how fast it worked up with the H hook - but i think i will try another with 2 strands just to see the difference

Everyone's RR's are just beautiful. Great job everyone :clap:clap

Here is my latest RR (number 22). It was done with Sugar 'N Cream yarn using my size I Susan Bates Bamboo Handle hook.

I don't usually make my RR's in one color only, but the white I had just didn't look right, so it is my smallest RR.

I wasn't sure who would be getting this one, but it now has a home. A friend is attending a baby shower this weekend and knew I made the RR's, so she asked me if I could make one in pastel colors. I told her I had a small one already done, so she is buying this one for the shower.

Here is my pastel RR:

th_BabyPastelRR.jpg

clickable

I'm about halfway through the 6 to 24 point round ripple by Sandra J. Smith. I really like how this one is coming out. The middle and the points that are added with white are done in doubles and it looks a bit open to me when you compare it to the rest of the work that is done in singles. I'm still loving this afghan though. So, this is just me joining in and when I'm finished I'll be back. :crocheting

Everyone's RR's are just beautiful. Great job everyone :clap:clap

Here is my latest RR (number 22). It was done with Sugar 'N Cream yarn using my size I Susan Bates Bamboo Handle hook.

Great RR, what pattern did you use? Can we see the other 21? I am starting a database of styles since I have abandoned my normal Granny squares and have fell in LOVE with RRs. I have tons of stash to get through.

BTW, don't you just LOVE the bamboo handle hook? I have the entire line, but am partial to the G and H which Ihave 3 each.