Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I'm working on the "Baby's Round Ripple Afghan" from this website: http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I'm on round 21 and the center seems puffy and the edges keep wanting to roll up. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I don't know whether to keep going or frog it...

Here's a picture of it so far:DSCF0350.jpg

you may be crocheting too tight..........loosen up in the beginning.....my first rr did that too but my others didnt.I also used a bigger hook,a J,but I crochet tight......hope this helps.If the puffiness isnt too bad keep going...it may get better with the weight.....my first rr was for my granddaughter and the puffiness wasnt too bad.........

crochet dad

Aggie has sent me the 9pts RR pattern and i`m exited and cant help my self to start something with it

i first inspired by your afghan that is made for your daughter for her birthday with homespun yrn and N hook

thanks for sharing your photos for inspiration :hug

I think you'll find this is a great pattern. Each round is the same after the peak valley begins - no corrections have been needed in my experience. I've crocheted this pattern using 1, 2 and 4 strands of yarn with hooks sized from H through S. No rippling or bunching on any of the afghans.

Be sure to post pictures!

My Points were curling too. By the time I was done it stopped curling. The weight seems to starighten them out and when they get pointier they straighten out. I crochet tight too.

OH NO!! I got to Round 30 and realized I'd screwed up at the beginning and was missing a point! That's why the dang thing was curling up so bad!! So...I started frogging and started all over again. I hope I can get this thing finished by Saturday afternoon for the baby shower I'm supposed to be taking it to as a gift. I'm only able to work on it for about 45 minutes a day during my lunch break. I have a 3 hour car ride Friday afternoon, so if my DH will drive, maybe I can get a lot done. ugh.:sigh

ManfaMae--sorry that happened !! I did one awhile back and kept wondering why it was going crazy.

Turned out I wasn't paying attention and was only doing 2dc-2sc-2dc rows:hook

had to frog it way back -- :Dlots of color changes,too. What a mess

I use AggieMays pattern,, it's the greatest!!!

Make sure to get pictures!!

Edited by nss
finish

This is one long thread :lol I started to read from the beginning, but I just don't have enough time!

I am a newbie at crochet (started in Jan). I would really like to make a RR for my mom for Christmas, but need a pattern! Can anyone recommend or send me one?

Thank you so much! :manyheart

This is one long thread :lol I started to read from the beginning' date=' but I just don't have enough time!

I am a newbie at crochet (started in Jan). I would really like to make a RR for my mom for Christmas, but need a pattern! Can anyone recommend or send me one?

Thank you so much! :manyheart[/quote']

I use one from Sew On Fire....I think the link is up on an earlier post...if you can't find it I'll search for it tomorrow. There

s only one small error in it, otherwise it's a gem!

You can see other finished RR's at my website in my sig line..........most are 12 points

afghan_1.jpg

Gorgeous!!

I love the Spiderman RRs on your blog!

kate`s mom

welcome between us

beleive me even if you are a new crocheter this afghan is just gr8 and easy to follow

i`ve used this attern with no errors and the result is just wonderfull

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

wish you the best of luck

don`t forget to show us your work :yes

mary

thets awsome

gr8 work

thanks for sharing the photo

judy

you did it

what a cute small RR

but i think it`s too small what about you???

judy

you did it

what a cute small RR

but i think it`s too small what about you???

It is small - but for newborns/preemie units

This is one long thread :lol I started to read from the beginning' date=' but I just don't have enough time!

Thank you so much! :manyheart[/quote']

I love Aggie May's! If you hunt for the other Ripple CAL, the pattern is listed in the first post. Including another pattern for adding points.

judy

aha now i get it :yes

are`nt you making one for your self?? did you find the yarn???

I do have the yarn for mine - purple and black:hook

judy

did you see this RR ???

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11774400

i love it but i can`t buy the pattern cause i dont have the payment method needed

so i`ll make the same idea with this pattern by making the center hexagon with yellow and the rest of the afghan in pink then i`ll attach 3 green corners :yes

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977275501

so what do you think?? i`ll make it for DD :clap

Thank you all for the pattern recommendations. You were so helpful that now I have another question :D Any idea on how many skeins of Caron SS an adult sized RR will take? :think Even a decent estimate would be awesome!

Thank you!

Thank you all for the pattern recommendations. You were so helpful that now I have another question :D Any idea on how many skeins of Caron SS an adult sized RR will take? :think Even a decent estimate would be awesome!

Thank you!

depending on how big you want it' date=' i would go with the one pound skeins. i used 5#'s on a blanket i made for my pastor, it was about 90 inches across. so five skeins. the pounders are a little thicker than the smaller skeins so you might need a little more. here is a link to the post on my blog where the picture is. it is the first one. the purple one.[/color']

http://sue-crochetandchat.blogspot.com/2008/02/round-ripple-update.html