Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

kates mom

it depends on the size and put on mind as much as you go furter in rounds it will take much more yarn in the one round

that means maybe the yarn needed for a round after reaching 70" will equall the yarn needed for the first 6 or 7 rounds

got it??

useually it will take about 6 skeins of caron brights or 2 of one pounder

it depends ;)

hope that helped

judy

did you see this RR ???

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11774400

i love it but i can`t buy the pattern cause i dont have the payment method needed

so i`ll make the same idea with this pattern by making the center hexagon with yellow and the rest of the afghan in pink then i`ll attach 3 green corners :yes

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977275501

so what do you think?? i`ll make it for DD :clap

That's Monica's pattern! She's been hanging around in the other ripple CAL, the one that says in the title "Includes the pattern Aggie May wrote". If you PM her, she might be willing to work out a different payment option.

Hi Ladies,

Well, I am recovering well from my surgery and have began to crochet a bit now agin. I see you have all been very busy while I have been away. The RR's are beautiful, as always I am amazed how many differant colors can be put together. When I first opened this CAL I never realized so many ladies would join and be so faithful to our CAL, Your all great and thankyou so much. I will never get tired of seeing all the wonderful work you have done. Keep on crocheting:crocheting and lets make this the best CAL.EVER!!! :clap

kates mom

it depends on the size and put on mind as much as you go furter in rounds it will take much more yarn in the one round

that means maybe the yarn needed for a round after reaching 70" will equall the yarn needed for the first 6 or 7 rounds

got it??

useually it will take about 6 skeins of caron brights or 2 of one pounder

it depends ;)

hope that helped

Thank you! That helps a lot! :hug

judy

did you see this RR ???

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11774400

i love it but i can`t buy the pattern cause i dont have the payment method needed

so i`ll make the same idea with this pattern by making the center hexagon with yellow and the rest of the afghan in pink then i`ll attach 3 green corners :yes

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977275501

so what do you think?? i`ll make it for DD :clap

Let us know how it works.....

I have TONS of scrap yarn, so I decided to make a rr using RH Mexicana and a bunch of other bright colors. I want to use this one as a blanket to put on the floor for my 8 month old son to play on. I think he'll really like the bright colors. I've done about 15 rounds on it so far, but I don't really know what size to make it. I want it big enough to be able to use later on as he gets older, but not so huge that it takes up the whole living room floor. What do y'all think?

I have TONS of scrap yarn, so I decided to make a rr using RH Mexicana and a bunch of other bright colors. I want to use this one as a blanket to put on the floor for my 8 month old son to play on. I think he'll really like the bright colors. I've done about 15 rounds on it so far, but I don't really know what size to make it. I want it big enough to be able to use later on as he gets older, but not so huge that it takes up the whole living room floor. What do y'all think?

MAYBE SOMETHING ABOUT 45 INCHES ACROSS??

Just a guess based on ones I've made....

This is the round ripple I made for my 8 month old son to play on. I think he'll like the bright colors. It ended up being just 43" because I ran out of the varigated yarn and didn't want to go out and buy more just for a couple more rows.

DSCF0496.jpg

Edited by ManfaMae

This is the round ripple I made for my 8 month old son to play on. I think he'll like the bright colors. It ended up being just 43" because I ran out of the varigated yarn and didn't want to go out and buy more just for a couple more rows.

DSCF0496.jpg

Oh, he'll love staring at the colors - for sure! Great job!:clap

Hi Mel,

I haven't seen you on lately, how are you? I have missed your messages and getting to see your work. I hope all is well and I will keep watching for you :hug

Your Friend

Hi Judy :hi:hi

I've had a hectic few weeks. I moved 1 1/2 weeks ago, didn't have phone or internet at the new apt. for almost a week, the internet is still messed up :rant , so I can only get on whenever the internet allows it. Plus a friend of mine passed away last Thursday, so I've been keeping to myself.

I've been trying to take it easy since I overdid it during the move, so I venture down to the pool to relax, then come home and crochet. I've already been to the pool today, now am getting ready to pick up the hook. Spending my B-Day crocheting. My B-days are always bittersweet. One of my best friends in High school (many many years ago) was murdered while we were still in school and our B-Days were the same day, so they are always tough for me.

I will be starting a new RR soon. I am going to make a baby rr in cotton. I just hope I have enough yarn to make it the size I want. Only time will tell. Right now I have a side to side ripple going. This one is in cotton as well. I just love my cotton ghans :c9

I've also made a RR table topper for my small round table. I need to get pics of it posted so you can see it.

How is your recuperation going? I hope you are not overdoing it. Take it slow and easy. Hopefully my internet will be fixed today so we can stay in touch, my dear friend. :hug

Hi Judy :hi:hi

I've had a hectic few weeks. I moved 1 1/2 weeks ago, didn't have phone or internet at the new apt. for almost a week, the internet is still messed up :rant , so I can only get on whenever the internet allows it. Plus a friend of mine passed away last Thursday, so I've been keeping to myself.

I've been trying to take it easy since I overdid it during the move, so I venture down to the pool to relax, then come home and crochet. I've already been to the pool today, now am getting ready to pick up the hook. Spending my B-Day crocheting. My B-days are always bittersweet. One of my best friends in High school (many many years ago) was murdered while we were still in school and our B-Days were the same day, so they are always tough for me.

I will be starting a new RR soon. I am going to make a baby rr in cotton. I just hope I have enough yarn to make it the size I want. Only time will tell. Right now I have a side to side ripple going. This one is in cotton as well. I just love my cotton ghans :c9

I've also made a RR table topper for my small round table. I need to get pics of it posted so you can see it.

How is your recuperation going? I hope you are not overdoing it. Take it slow and easy. Hopefully my internet will be fixed today so we can stay in touch, my dear friend. :hug

Oh wow!!! it's good to see you agin Mel I have missed you. Sounds like you have been very busy. I'm doing good the Dr says no work for another month so i'm still at home but i'm doing a lot better.

We went to Iowa for the graduation of my oldest grandson and that went very well. We are very proud of him. It was cold up there so we were glad to get home agin.

I am making a RR for a friend who has just had heart surgery a few days ago. And I made a prayer shawl for his wife so Ihave been pretty busy with the hook too.

Well I better run for now I have to make dnner for hubby.

I'm so glad to see that your doing ok. Hugzzzzz

I hope it's okay to join this CAL a little on the late side...but I've been looking at all of the beautiful RR's you all have been doing and cannot resist! :hook I started a practice RR and found that it's a bit pucker-y (is that a word?!) around the first few rows. I've decided to use this cute pattern: http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/CrochetvilleRoundRippleCAL/RoundRippleCAL/?action=view&current=LittleBoyBlue1800.jpg

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong....I've tried crocheting looser and made sure I was on count. Any suggestions on how to help the puckering problem? :think If this was address in a previous post, please let me know that as well. Thanks in advance!

I started on my 2nd RR. I'm doing one in burgandy,navy,hunter green and off-white stripes. It's not going as fast as my first one did, but it's looking pretty good so far.

oh- I've seen some little throw rugs made from RRs, but has anyone made a BIG one before? Like regular afghan sized, but made with 4 strands of RH yarn and a Q hook? Do y'all think that would be durable enough to use for a living room rug?

Also, I was thinking it would be awesome to have a RR Christmas tree skirt. Any idea how to make one that has the hole in the center and the slit down the side?

Edited by ManfaMae

I started on my 2nd RR. I'm doing one in burgandy,navy,hunter green and off-white stripes. It's not going as fast as my first one did, but it's looking pretty good so far.

oh- I've seen some little throw rugs made from RRs, but has anyone made a BIG one before? Like regular afghan sized, but made with 4 strands of RH yarn and a Q hook? Do y'all think that would be durable enough to use for a living room rug?

Also, I was thinking it would be awesome to have a RR Christmas tree skirt. Any idea how to make one that has the hole in the center and the slit down the side?

Your RR sounds wonderful, There is someone that has made a RR tree skirt in here but i'm not sure which page in here it is I have copied the pattern she gave for it. It's very pretty.ok the page # that is on the one i copied is page 225 in this thread. I hope that helps.

Yup thats the page it's on 224 and 225 :-) I'm getting ready to make one for my Mother . I can tell the summer has everyone busy doing summer stuff I hope everyone will start posting agin soon.

Samantha,

Here's one I made using 4 strands and an S hook. It's 70" across.

There was a post here in this CAL about a tree skirt. Here it is on page 224.

Hi, I am new to this board and I have been noticing alot of these round ripples, where can I find a pattern to do one, looking for some thing different to do.

Hi, here are a few patterns you might like to try

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976910272

Monica is also a ville member, her patterns are easy to understand and work up really quick.