Ripe Wheat Vignette

HomekeepingGran

Here is my Ripe Wheat. I'm not totally happy with my work, but I did learn some things so it's fine. Since you have been seeing these pop up here at Crochetville, I decided there was little point in a picture to show the pattern carefully and took a "glamour shot" instead, LOL!

RipeWheatvignette.jpg

Thank, Friends!

What I learned when I did this doily is to not try for such a tight tension. If I took a different picture, you could see the flaws, believe me. I've had to give over my perfectionism to "good-enough", so unless it's really bad, I try to learn from mistakes and go on. And I think learning to knit last year has made me better about this, too. I'm still such a novice knitter. You have no idea how many items I started to knit, then either abandoned or threw away with the words, "I learned something from this so it was worthwhile!" Thankfully, I did use very inexpensive yarns for my earliest learning period, LOL. Same thing with this doily — it's passable and I learned from it!

Carla, that doily deserves a glamour shot. It is so beautiful.

You know, I think these works of art deserve a better name than "doily." I think we should call them Masterfull Motifs or something like that.

Archived