Blue (well....brown) Curacao Shawl from Amazing Crochet Lace

MOBOGAL

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I'm so glad you all like it :c9 . It is so validating to get feedback from all you wonderful people (esp since most people don't understand all of the effort and love that goes into it!).

ZuZu...my yarn was a worsted weight yarn, and I used a K-hook. I find Doris Chan's patterns to have very strange gauge...she crochets verrry loosely. So even though she said an I hook, my shawl wasn't big enough until I went up to a K. I'm not sure how thread would work...you'd probably have to extend the pattern.

Addictedtoyarn...I didn't think the pattern was difficult (and I'm not terribly experienced). It was a little confusing at first (the first row is interesting), but the pattern developed so nicely, it flew by. My biggest concern was the size, but really it grew on the last 10 rows (and after blocking). I think if you read her pattern/look at the diagram, it is quite straightforward.

Wow! This is just stunning. I haven't been able to find the book here in Australia yet but as soon as I have. Lool out yarn shops. LOL

OK, Mobogal, you've convinced me. I was (hit me if you want to) disappointed with this book when I got it, but you're revising my opinion! This is great and now I know I have to make one! Thanks!

Hey in my eariler comment I was so took that someone else loved the book I got carried away and forgot to tell you how good it looks on your mum and what a good choice of color you chose, you did a gooooooood job very pretty that I had to have another look

Oh my, that's so pretty! I don't have that book but was wondering what some of the other projects looked like. I've seen quite a few Tea Shawls! :D You've really created a masterpiece there. :yes

Archived