Blue (well....brown) Curacao Shawl from Amazing Crochet Lace

MOBOGAL

Hello all :)

Here is my version of the Blue Curacao shawl from Doris Chan's Amazing Crochet lace. It is made with 7 balls of KnitPicks Andean Silk in Cinnamon and a K-hook. Finished dimensions are 56"LX 48"W. This is my first attempt at blocking, and I'm SOO glad that I did. The pattern really 'popped' after I blocked it, as well as stretching the shawl. I made this for my mom (who is graciously modeling it for me) and she loves it! I am so pleased with this pattern (and the book) as it was flawlessly written and easy to follow. I think this is one of my favorite projects :) :) :) I hope you enjoy!

Bluecuracaoshawl1.jpg

Bluecuracaoshawl2.jpg

Bluecuracaoshawl3.jpg

That is beautiful! I was just contemplating making this shawl! I couldn't figure out what size yarn she used in the book, though I surmised it was about sport weight because she specified an I hook. I was thinking about using thread, perhaps larger, say a 3 thread. What size was your yarn?

I found the book irritating because there was no indication of the size yarn, just names of unusual yarns.

Zuzu

I have this book and I just love it .If you look at the top of your pagr it tells the ball band of the size yarn to use also she says to play around with your yarn and hook size and see what you like I have made the abydos vest in fact Ive made 3 of them the first I used red heart baby soft in the large size it fit but I wanted it to look soft and flow so I made one out of simply soft in large size it fit then I made one out of simply soft in large it fit . It is so simple it took less than a skein of yarn and I could easy do it in about 3 hrs. try it youll like it

Archived