Do These Colors Work?

yarnjunkie

Question

:think I need help deciding whether or not the colors I've picked out for my latest project work well together or not. I really need some honest opinions. My brain is fried from over-thinking!

429402716_25ddc7543f_m.jpg

image is clickable

There are a couple other pictures along with my babbling and blathering about it in this post on my blog. It may help you to help me because I seriously need some help here! :help

ok I have/had this wip in my clost that I like you couldn't decide if I liked the colors or not. Well I finally after 2+ years of seeing it in the closet and thinking what am I going to do with that one cut it in half and it makes 2 lapblankets just fine. It was even a chore fro me to put the border on it cause I didn't like it that much.

So my answer to you is if you are THAT not happy with it now you probably won't be any happier with it later and will have wasted too much time on it to stop but won't like it so much that you will now want to give it as a girt. That is just me fron personal experience though.

I think you need to make the decision as to how much you dislike the colors. :)

SOrry I can't sway you either way oin this and no I am NOT saying I don't like that colors just that it is you who must decide how much you like/dislike them together.

i think it looks ok.

but from experience, if you don't like it now you won't like it anymore later, and you will always say "what if". my grandmother made me a blanket a few years ago kinda with the same color scheme only instead of the rose color you have she used purple and added a heather grey and i love the colors together. just a thought

I personally like the colors together. But I don't understand why my or anyone else's opinion should sway your likes or dislikes. :think I feel like you are asking "Do I like this?" and my answer would be "I dunno, do you?"

ok Dear so if your question is would these colors be suitable for a baby girl then I would have said yes to that one. :)

I just couldn't give you a yes I like or no I don't like answer cause that had to be your decision. :D

I think it looks beautiful. My sister-in-law is due to have a baby girl in August and she is not a big fan of pink so she told me she'd be doing HER daughter's room in purple/mint green. Also, my sister has had her room decorated in purple and green since she was a kid and she's 23 now!

You're obviously not the only one who thought of that color combo... why's that? Because it's GORGEOUS!!!!

I agree with everyone who said that if YOU don't like it, frog it, but IMHO, I think it's beautiful.

I LOVE your color combo. Just last week I went to wal mart and bought the rose and the green and couldn't figure out what color to put with them (I bought brown but wasn't sure about it) Well....you just gave me a reason to go back because I have now found my third color.Thank You!!

But you have to like it yourself.

Nice! Reminds me of spring flowers. If you like these colors, use them. It does get boggling sometimes trying to choose the "right" combos, but these colors work nicely together in my opinion. Good luck whatever you decide!

How pretty. My opinion is that they work well together. I like them in that stitch too. That would make a beautiful blanket.

I guess everyone else is right too. I mean, how much love would be going into it if you don't really like it. So I guess you have to make the decision yourself. Sorry!

Ask and you shall receive!! Thanks for all the input. I personally like the colors together...well, at the moment anyway. I guess my main concern was whether or not they would be suited for a baby girl. I'm used to boy colors so picking out more feminine colors has completely thrown me off and it doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist on a budget. I used what I had available to me. I'm probably going to stick with it as-is. Thanks again for all the honest input...much appreciated! :yes

Archived