Do These Colors Work?

yarnjunkie

Question

:think I need help deciding whether or not the colors I've picked out for my latest project work well together or not. I really need some honest opinions. My brain is fried from over-thinking!

429402716_25ddc7543f_m.jpg

image is clickable

There are a couple other pictures along with my babbling and blathering about it in this post on my blog. It may help you to help me because I seriously need some help here! :help

I love the colors you have picked. My daughter and I went to WalMart today so I could buy some more yarn. We both picked those colors for one of my projects. And the project is an afghan for a baby girl!

I agree with Sfgwife: if you don't like the colors/color combination, it doesn't matter if we do. If you're not enjoying working with the colors, that will decrease your joy in what you're doing.

Can you set it aside for a few days and come back to it? A "vacation" from the project might revive your happiness with the colors. And, if you have the time, try some of the other suggestions from the other 'Villers who have responded. These changes might make all the difference. What's most important is the answer to the question: "Do you like the colors?"

I'm also going to agree with hooked2. If you don't like the combination, then it won't matter if we like it or not. You may even come to actively hate the piece and never finish it. If it's just one of the colors you don't like you may consider replacing it with something else.

I do think the combination works together though, but that's merely my opinion.

Oh yes! The pink and green remind me of a spring flower! The white is lovely with both colors, and I wouldn't change a thing. Unless you want to change where it's going and send it to ME!

:wlol:rofl:wlol:rofl:wlol:rofl:wlol:rofl:wlol

I've been a quilter for seven years, ( although quilting is temporarily on hold because I've fallen in love with crochet!), and the first thing I tend to look at isn't the colors but the values-meaning the combination of light, dark, and medium fabrics or in this case, yarn. Often it's the value that ends up being more important than the color, and I think the difference between light, medium, and dark in your yarn choices works great together. I also love the colors. When my sister was pregnant with her first baby, a girl, I made a quilt for her out of almost exactly the same colors and it was a big hit.

I've been trying to decide what color to use with this hot-pink yarn I have..

after seeing the colors you posted, I'll go see how it looks with a teal green I have..

Thanks for the inspiration.

Your color choice is wonderful. I love pinks and greens together. They are beautiful. Maybe you need to put your hook down and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee. Then look at the colors again and you'll see how truly great they are together!!! :morcoffee

:think I need help deciding whether or not the colors I've picked out for my latest project work well together or not. I really need some honest opinions. My brain is fried from over-thinking!

429402716_25ddc7543f_m.jpg

image is clickable

There are a couple other pictures along with my babbling and blathering about it in this post on my blog. It may help you to help me because I seriously need some help here! :help

Archived