"Peaceful Interval" Afghan

calliope1779

I just finished this afghan. It's called "Peaceful Interval" and it's from the Leisure Arts little book called Luxurious Afghans. I used Caron Simply Soft in Bone - this yarn says no dye lot, and I bought it all at once, but there's a huge stripe in the middle of the afghan where one skein was a different color. :(

I made this because I've never kept any of the projects I work on, with the exception of my son's baby blankets, so I wanted to have a showpiece.

th_102_0049.jpg

th_102_0047.jpg

th_102_0045-1.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very nice! I made an afghan with the same yarn, and noticed the same thing. Luckily mine was squares, so it wasn't quite as bad.

I love your blanket!

it's really very pretty. sorry about the inconsistancy in the yarn. that has to be a real turn off! i think in future i would be buying dye lot yarns!!

Very nice, is it a Terry Kimbrough design? If I were you, I'd email the yarn manufacturer and tell them about your non-matching dye lot problem. It couldn't hurt. You might just get some free yarn, too.

Very pretty afghan, I love the edge on it.

I made a camo afghan for my husband in the basketweave pattern...I got almost done and noticed the camo had changed not just the pattern of the variegated but from dark yarn to lighter yarn...I was so mad but he said hey it's supposed to be camoflauge so I just finished it and gave it to him...

It just irritates me though because it was so much work. I'm sure it bothered you as well seeing a different color through your afghan...it is a very beautiful afghan though..

Linda :sun

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com

Archived