"Peaceful Interval" Afghan

calliope1779

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just browsing around the yarn sites, killing time at work, and I ran across this from the J&P Coats site. They were referring to Super Saver, but maybe it applies to the colors here too?

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Features/Red+Heart+Super+Saver.htm

They said that recently 5 acrylic fiber suppliers have gone bankrupt, and it's affecting the consistancy of their colors (as well as those of other companies). They've started adding codes to some of the very light colors to ensure everything matches.

I had no idea!

Maggie, it makes me so mad that they continue to advertise "no dye lot" when there obviously ARE dye lots that need to be considered when buying their yarn!! :rant

Your afghan turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I love your work, and the neutral color is also great! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Very nice, is it a Terry Kimbrough design? If I were you, I'd email the yarn manufacturer and tell them about your non-matching dye lot problem. It couldn't hurt. You might just get some free yarn, too.

That's a good idea. I think I will try that.

I checked the book and this design is by Ann Kirtley. It's in one of those little $2 pamphlets you get at Wal-Mart.

Thanks for all the nice comments! :c9

• 1 year later...

Wow! You do have a showpiece, a family heirloom. Beautiful work!

So sorry for the one skein of yarn being different. Usually you can't tell when comparing full skeins. The difference only shows up when it's crocheted into the piece.

Archived