Lacy Child's Top

laureni526

DSC04440.jpg

Here's my little model. (Lately, she's excited about "fashion".) I saw this on Sunday and we both wanted me to make her one. It's on the way to school as I type. It needs to be washed to loosen the fibers and blocked to get the right shape on both sides, but it's really cute.

I used the Lion Brand Lacy Child's Top pattern in a size 5-6, although I did add 2 rows to the lower mesh section before the empire waist for a bit of extra length (personal preference). I didn't really have any trouble with the pattern, except for me keeping my place and taking the time to slow down and read it. I used Peaches 'n Creme Ecru and a G-hook to make the gauge work for me.

It would be really easy to add longer sleeves and make this for winter also. I may just have to do that.

What an awesome top! And you did a great job with it. Most importantly, your little cutie looks thrilled with it!:manyheart

that is a lovely top on a very pretty (and happy) model! nice job :D can't wait to see your winter one

That is so cute. So is the little model. You did a great job. Was the pattern easy to follow? The type of cotton yarn that you used, I am not familiar with.Is that a cotton type worsted weight yarn? I had been admiring that little top yesterday on the lionbrand site. Your work is beautiful. Judy:) :)

That is so cute. So is the little model. You did a great job. Was the pattern easy to follow? The type of cotton yarn that you used, I am not familiar with.Is that a cotton type worsted weight yarn? I had been admiring that little top yesterday on the lionbrand site. Your work is beautiful. Judy:) :)

It's the same as Lily Sugar and Cream cotton. The pattern was quite easy to follow and easy to slip into the pattern. The reverse shaping on the right front wasn't so bad. I hung myself up when I was skimming the pattern and not reading the pattern - but that was my fault, not the pattern's fault. I'd say it was it was an advanced beginner to intermediate pattern.

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. She got rave reviews today at school. She's still wearing it now.

I like that!

I might just have to mosey on over to Lionbrand's site and have a look-see for myself. I have a little girl who's going to be 5 in May and I think she'd love that!

:tup :tup

DSC04440.jpg

Here's my little model. (Lately, she's excited about "fashion".) I saw this on Sunday and we both wanted me to make her one. It's on the way to school as I type. It needs to be washed to loosen the fibers and blocked to get the right shape on both sides, but it's really cute.

I used the Lion Brand Lacy Child's Top pattern in a size 5-6, although I did add 2 rows to the lower mesh section before the empire waist for a bit of extra length (personal preference). I didn't really have any trouble with the pattern, except for me keeping my place and taking the time to slow down and read it. I used Peaches 'n Creme Ecru and a G-hook to make the gauge work for me.

It would be really easy to add longer sleeves and make this for winter also. I may just have to do that.

Lauren,

your top looks much better than the one on the lion brand website. I wanted to know if you could tell me how to make this for a woman in a size sm? I actually posted a question before I read that you made one. Thanks for all your help---Jeannie

I wanted to know if you could tell me how to make this for a woman in a size sm?

Jeannie,

Thank you. I'll contact Lion Brand and see if it is okay to do so. This is not my design and it's a copyrighted pattern. They may already have the designer working on the upscale to adult sizes. Anyway, if it's okay with them I will. I just don't want to get sued.

Lauren

Edit: Lion Brand has a pattern request page. Please consider going to this page and asking for an adult version of the Lacy Child's Top pattern. If enough of you ask for it they will probably do it and the original designer will get paid (always a good thing).

Pattern Title: Lacy Child's Top

Pattern Number: 60420a

Archived