Lacy Child's Top

laureni526

Jeannie,

Thank you. I'll contact Lion Brand and see if it is okay to do so. This is not my design and it's a copyrighted pattern. They may already have the designer working on the upscale to adult sizes. Anyway, if it's okay with them I will. I just don't want to get sued.

Lauren

Edit: Lion Brand has a pattern request page. Please consider going to this page and asking for an adult version of the Lacy Child's Top pattern. If enough of you ask for it they will probably do it and the original designer will get paid (always a good thing).

Pattern Title: Lacy Child's Top

Pattern Number: 60420a

Lauren,

Thanks for directing me to the patterns request page. I submitted my request. Do you know how long it takes for a response? I'd like to get started immediately on this. I was thinking that I could just keep adding 3 to each part until I reach the needed size. I'm not sure though.

Lauren,

Thanks for directing me to the patterns request page. I submitted my request. Do you know how long it takes for a response? I'd like to get started immediately on this. I was thinking that I could just keep adding 3 to each part until I reach the needed size. I'm not sure though.

Jeannie,

I'm sure it will take a little while to have something designed and posted if they choose to do so.

I would check my gauge with a swatch, then add each section as needed. Keep in mind that the shell pattern on the bottom (Lower Edging Row 2)uses 3 ch-3 sp to complete each shell (sc in ch-3 sp, ch-3, sc in ch-3 sp, shell in ch-3 sp). So you really need to add to the front and back sections *equally* around the body in multiples of 9.

The sleeves are going to be hard to get in terms of the shaping and shoulder cap height. You may want to make a tissue paper template that you fit to your finished armhole (pin in place) and then lay flat and crochet the sleeve by placing it on the tissue template after every row. I've also heard that using 1" gridded graph tablets can help too.

Good luck,

Lauren

Archived